Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you think if you got flowers on your first date?

my nephew is going on a first date with a woman he met online, i told him to take her some flowers and hubby said no, that is was to early for this and that it would set the bar to where she would expect flowers all the time and that it was old fashioned and that women don't take to it anymore. ladies who is right, my hubby or me? pls help ok now hubby is saying that its not a real first date, she invited him over to her house and she is going to cook him dinner, should he still show up with flowers?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
MzD3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM

It's a sweet idea to bring flowers. 

cherylw993
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:05 AM

My husband brought me flowers on the our 1st date.  I thought it was very sweet.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM

says anon... 1st i hate the smell of flowers, makes me sneeze, not everyone likes the smell of flowers and then appreciate the smell of rotting flowers after a day... 2nd , let me go do online dating, talk to the guy online blah blah blah, and then invite him to my house (a non public place) because everyone ONLINE is the MOST TRUSTING and HONEST PERSON EVER, if they werent they wouldnt be online.

if this was your 18 year old DD.  she goes online to meet men and then invites them over, you would be 100% thrilled and excited?  uhm.. i think not.

its called being relistic.  we do not live back in the early 1900s.

Quoting Anonymous:

Spoken like someone who's bitter that no man's ever thought enough of her to bring flowers let alone on a first date.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

i would laugh my ass off... sorry but NO one  brings flowers to a first date.

i would ALSO never do a 1st date at a house.  they never met and she is inviting him over.

this screams disaster all over.

do NOT bring the flowers

karenbrzez
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I think it would be very sweet. I am not a person that likes getting flowers since I do not have a green thumb and I kill them pretty quickly (my husband knows this and knows I would prefer other things instead of flowers), but as a first date or newly dating, I think it is most appropriate.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM
This

Quoting copperked: If he is going to her house and she us cooking for him, that definitely requires flowers and possibly a bottle of wine or a nice dessert. Whether your husband considers it a date or not, the woman is hosting in her own home and a gentleman brings a token of appreciation to such things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM
I met my husband online, after just chatting we set up a blind date and yes he brought me flowers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofne
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Yes I think so

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM
You're right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andreaaa81
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM

flowers!! My husband still hasn't given me any. Get em!

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

thank u ladies for your input flowers and wine it is :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN