Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you think if you got flowers on your first date?

my nephew is going on a first date with a woman he met online, i told him to take her some flowers and hubby said no, that is was to early for this and that it would set the bar to where she would expect flowers all the time and that it was old fashioned and that women don't take to it anymore. ladies who is right, my hubby or me? pls help ok now hubby is saying that its not a real first date, she invited him over to her house and she is going to cook him dinner, should he still show up with flowers?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Replies (31-33):
susannah2000
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Your husband is WRONG. Women don't "expect" flowers, ever! I think it would be a lovely gesture for the first date. Also, it IS a "real" first date. What's your husband's problem?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww.... That was my first thought.

My dh gave me a single flower he picked off of a bush as we walked by it on our first date. At that moment I knew he was a keeper.
momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM

my husband is not a gentleman, he is a macho chauvinist, he never opens doors etc, in the 12 years we been together i think i have gotten flowers from him 3 times

Quoting susannah2000:

Your husband is WRONG. Women don't "expect" flowers, ever! I think it would be a lovely gesture for the first date. Also, it IS a "real" first date. What's your husband's problem?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)