Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mother likes my sister more than me or my other sister

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My mom is a recovering addict. She left us girls when I was 7 and my other sisters were 8 and 10. I found her when I was 16. Reached out to her and finally she came here to where we live three years later. She comes up annually lot semi annually now.

My point is that she only stays with one sister. Then she even calls me by that sisters name! Corrects herself but seriously? Well my husband and I bought her a Pandora bracelet and charm. Neither of my sisters would because of the cost.

We gifted it to her yesterday. She opened it and said it is lovely. Before she even said anything else she reached up to her neck and said but did w see what ------- bought me.

Hmmm really mom. Seriously. I looked at my husband and he put his head in his hands. I wanted to scream. I said oh it's nice and walked off.

Its always about that sister. What the hell mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
April620
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

That's pretty shitty.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Honestly my grandmother is like that with my sister and I just dont bother with her any more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM
well, did you think buying her a more expensive gift would change her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM
No. That's not the point. The point is she should have just shut the hell up about sister #2 long enough to say thank you. But she cannot pull her head out of sister #2s ass ling enough to breathe.

Even at dinner. Its all "----- you're dish is amazing. " "mom how do you like the casserole I made?" " its ok hunny" what the fuck

Quoting Anonymous: well, did you think buying her a more expensive gift would change her?
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Don't have her around anymore.

Let the sister have her

MzD3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM

:(

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM
My mom was like that with my brother growing up. Now that we are older she is like that with me. Just let it roll off your back if you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)