Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I saw a lot of "My Christmas was ruined" posts

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 415 Replies
13 moms liked this
Did anyone just have a perfect day?

Other than my 18 year old not being with us, our day was perfect. All of our other kids were there. The ladies that I do foster care for got to spend the morning with their families and made it home in time before we unwrapped gifts. There was such a positive vibe from everyone and a lot of excitement and happiness.

We didn't go overboard on Christmas this year. We actually did a lot less than our norm as far as gifts. There wasn't one complaint. We got our thank yous. I loved my gifts and hubby loved his. There was lots of thoughtfulness and fun.

Our day could not have been better. No complaints from me at all.

I feel very lucky to have my family.
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I didn't, but I'm grateful that I got to spend time with my fiancé and I think I'm pregnant so I'm counting it as a win even if it wasn't perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM
We had fun with our Yankee gift swap.
pinkfairy0206
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly, its about family:) my day was beautiful:) everyone enjoyed the day!
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I had a wonderful Christmas! I spent time with family and off to Florida tomorrow for some alone time with my fiance :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Both Christmas and Christmas eve were perfect for us. We had a great two days full of food, family and fun. Everyone got just what they wanted in the way of gifts and there was a lot of laughter. I couldn't have asked for anything more. :-D
momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Ours was great. We got to spend time with our families & everything was very laid back. 

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I got no gifts (yet) and the only thing that could have made yesterday better was DF not working all day/night.

Otherwise I think I had a great day. Even caught up on walking dead before the new doctor premiere ( side note, RIP 11)
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Ours was near perfect!
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:37 AM
It was a wonderful day dh made sure to screw it up today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
copperked
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine was better than I expected. I went into it thinking I was just going to have a quiet dinner with dh, my sister and bil. I ended up getting a small paycheck for some work I did, a pie from my stepson, a movie night at my sister's, abs then she sent me home with her entire Harry Potter book set and her spare kindle because she's downsizing to make room in her new house. I actually got kind of spoiled.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)