Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw a lot of "My Christmas was ruined" posts

Posted by   + Show Post
Did anyone just have a perfect day?

Other than my 18 year old not being with us, our day was perfect. All of our other kids were there. The ladies that I do foster care for got to spend the morning with their families and made it home in time before we unwrapped gifts. There was such a positive vibe from everyone and a lot of excitement and happiness.

We didn't go overboard on Christmas this year. We actually did a lot less than our norm as far as gifts. There wasn't one complaint. We got our thank yous. I loved my gifts and hubby loved his. There was lots of thoughtfulness and fun.

Our day could not have been better. No complaints from me at all.

I feel very lucky to have my family.
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Replies (411-415):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:13 AM

For those that are bitching about their Christmases...

We spent ours driving down to see family (which is fine, really) the next day we got up and opened pour presents. It was great.  My Mom wasnt feeling well so she went up to bed. Just before I started on our Christmas dinner, I wnet up to check on her. She had fallen out of bed and hit her head.AND vomited on herself.

We got her up and into bed-I helped change her and helped her into the bathroom and then back to bed. She wasn't oriented wel as to what was going on.

So after a bit of arguing we called an ambulance (she had  heart attack 2 weeks ago and a stent put in)

The kids all stayed home with my SO.

Stayed at the hpospital for 5 hours while she was diagnoised with congestive heart failure and a UTI. She was admitted overnight.

Never did eat Christmas dinner.

But hey I realize it could have been a lot worse.

So I laugh at people who whine about the small stuff on Christmas.

fairymaid23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:35 PM
thank u very much! i appreciate it! b4 this all happened i used to wish i had more money and a better body and trivial little things. now i dont care we live paycheck to paycheck or that im flabby i just wish and pray my babies stay healthy and alive cuz thats all that really matters

Quoting Anonymous: I'm so sorry that's terrible :( sending prayer to your other children for a long healthy life.

Quoting fairymaid23: Vincent died august 25th from terminal brain cancer. he went thru it for 4 months b4 passing away. the tumor is an embryonal tumor with abundant neurophil and true rosettes (etantr). it was truly horrible and i only hope and pray for the health and well being of my other children.

Quoting Anonymous: That's so sad :( what happened to your precious baby if you don't mind my asking?

Quoting fairymaid23: we definately had a good day. from start to finish.. it was only sad cuz our 16 month old passed away 17 weeks ago so this was our 1st xmas without him. other then that fact our day was great tho
fairymaid23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM
someday it will b ok. thank u ma

Quoting TrouserMouse:

That is awful. I am so sorry.  :(

Quoting fairymaid23: Vincent died august 25th from terminal brain cancer. he went thru it for 4 months b4 passing away. the tumor is an embryonal tumor with abundant neurophil and true rosettes (etantr). it was truly horrible and i only hope and pray for the health and well being of my other children.

Quoting Anonymous: That's so sad :( what happened to your precious baby if you don't mind my asking?

Quoting fairymaid23: we definately had a good day. from start to finish.. it was only sad cuz our 16 month old passed away 17 weeks ago so this was our 1st xmas without him. other then that fact our day was great tho

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Very ture! Your kids are the most important thing you could ever have. If you don't have them money, the perfect body don't seem to be important anymore. I hope you have a good new year!

Quoting fairymaid23: thank u very much! i appreciate it! b4 this all happened i used to wish i had more money and a better body and trivial little things. now i dont care we live paycheck to paycheck or that im flabby i just wish and pray my babies stay healthy and alive cuz thats all that really matters

Quoting Anonymous: I'm so sorry that's terrible :( sending prayer to your other children for a long healthy life.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM
The 24th was all about us and wonderful. We traveled for the first time on the 25th. My mom went psycho on me and hasn't talked to me since. It has been really peaceful. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured