Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you return gifts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

MIL and FIL got me some really nice gifts that i just don't need. i'm thinking of returning them and using the money to buy some things i actually need, but i feel bad just thinking about it..

do other people return stuff like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I will return things if I get doubles
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I only return if its a double of something they already have or if its clothes and too small. Even with clothes I try to just exchange it for the same thing just in the right size.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM

yes.

copperked
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I have exchanged for a better fitting size. That's about it.
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I have to return shoes i got yesterday. They were the wrong size.
emsmom21
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Only if I get doubles or if something doesn't fit.
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM

If it's a double (or if we already have it) or if it doesn't fit.  Other than that, we keep it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM

what about if you get a really nice new bathrobe but you already have a bathrobe that is just fine? or a scarf that is nice, but just not your style? i also got some pjs i doubt i'll ever wear because the style isn't that comfortable to sleep in. i could really use some new shoes for work..

ooh i feel bad even thinking about returning this stuff.

Quoting notjstasocermom: I will return things if I get doubles

heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM
This...unless it is something I don't allow in my home like toy guns or other weapons. Those will get returned or tossed every time. Luckily most people who buy for my kids understand why the rule is in place and don't bit such things for my kids...but my oldest has one @sshole uncle...

Quoting Anonymous: I only return if its a double of something they already have or if its clothes and too small. Even with clothes I try to just exchange it for the same thing just in the right size.
IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I haven't.

I do have to return one that my daughter got a duplicate of. She got two of the Disney Princess Little People Ariel's Castle so I'm going to take one back and get Ariel's Coach and Cinderella's Coach...then she'll have that whole set....Kind of excited about that, really, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured