Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE: You didn't join the military your husband did! so STFU!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 281 Replies
13 moms liked this

I'm sick of this Military wife syndrome. Sorry ladies your husband joined the military not you! 

I've had it with my military wife SIL (My BIL wife) every time we're at a family function she has to go on and on about how hard it is to be a military wife and how we just don't understand the sacrifices she makes. 

We had DH's whole family over for Christmas (there's still here until New Years) my little sister just joined the Marines she was chatting with SIL and SIL was acting as if she was the one in the military it was rather insulting to my little sister. 

Later last night my other SIL was telling us about the struggle she's been going through now that her husband isn't with us anymore (he died earlier this year from brain cancer) She told us about the struggle watching him decline before her eyes.  He was only 25 when he died and they had only been married 3 years, so it was really tragic he was diagnosed in November of 2012 and died in October of this year.  We felt so bad for her because they lived in Vermont and we live in California so we couldn't come out to help her but once while he was sick. My husband was able to come go out twice to be with his sister  and show her support. The whole family hugged her and prayed with her on Christmas it was such a powerful feeling in the room. But of coarse BIL's wife had to be the center of attention. She ruined it by saying something like about understanding her struggle because she's a military wife. Everyone in the room including BIL wanted to slap her. 

I'm so sick of it! SIL is not the only one I see doing this. Just today in another group someone posted something about volunteer work and asked what kind of volunteer work the other ladies in the group are doing and this bitch says "i'm a military wife" Sorry bitch but you ain't changing anything and you're certainly not  a "volunteer" your a wife! 

Update- We found out yesterday that this poor suffering Military wife has been cheating on my BIL with her bestfriend's husband while he was in Afghanistan! So much for all her sacrifices and struggles! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrimer
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I hate those bitches
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I agree with you I have a sil who talked by 42 yr old bil into joining the Army, she walks around all , "We are Army" and everywhere she goes she asks for the military discount.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Somebody should put her in her place.
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM
11 moms liked this

I don't know any army wives, but it sure seems like they make a shit load of sacrifices so their husbands can serve.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My SIL does that too! She even has this pink camo shirt that says "We ARE ARMY" on it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you I have a sil who talked by 42 yr old bil into joining the Army, she walks around all , "We are Army" and everywhere she goes she asks for the military discount.

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Military wives have struggles but who doesn't?

I don't see what your SIL's DH being in the military had anything to do with your other SIL loss. That was so rude of your other SIL to say. 

And what the chick said in the other group made no sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM

but it doesn't mean they can use those scarifices to be the center on attention and seriously I don't see the scarifices she claimes to make. Also she is the one that encouraged him to join the military she knew exactly what she was getting into. I don't feel sorry for that bitch 

Quoting suzanneyea:

I don't know any army wives, but it sure seems like they make a shit load of sacrifices so their husbands can serve.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Lol @ the last sentence!

I've met MANY women like that.
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
7 moms liked this

Yes, because being a military wife is totally like being a widow and watching your husband slowly die. /end sarcastic font

Your SIL is an idiot.

PrimmednPunked
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
31 moms liked this

I am a veteran married to another veteran.  Sometimes being a military spouse is just as hard as being the military member.  Some wives take the role seriously and do many things on a volunteer basis to help out their spouses people keeping doing what tey do. So please don't belittle the role of "military wife".  I have known many military spouses.  It is a mix, some are lazy and don't do anything to help anyone other than themselves.  But there are some wonderful spouses out there who put their time and energy into the role of "military spouse".  They are far from lazy and really should be thanked for doing what they do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN