Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hes peeing everywhere help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
We thpight my son just was a bed wetter, peeing in his sleep.
But i found out different. On several occasions id go kiss him good night or check to see if hes warm, itd smell like pee so i check him n he pissed himself and hes wide awake! I told him that it can xause rashes make him stinky and its alot of work always cleaning his bedstuff. Now im making him take all his peepee clothes n stick em in the washer. Im going to start making him make his own bed up too.

Hes 6 years old. I thought maybe hes just lazy, the bathroom is cold etc. but this morning he peed on his floor!!!.

whats wrong with him???
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Either there's a real issue there medically or emotionally or he's just a bit lazy.... I'd consider taking him to the pedi to make sure there's nothing going on and if he gets the all-clear, I'd make him wear pull-ups because only Big Boys and Girls get to wear Big Kid Undies.

AVE SATANAS!
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Were there any problems with potty training? Is he afraid to get out of bed to go to the bathroom? Those are my only two thoughts. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM
He was late learning.

He doesnt like the sound of the toilet but i said he doesnt need to flush just pee.

He only does this at night during the day hes fine. I dont think hes afraid hes never said anything n i leave the bathroom lights on all night.

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Were there any problems with potty training? Is he afraid to get out of bed to go to the bathroom? Those are my only two thoughts. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
This what im afraid of i heard it could be a sign he was sexually abused.

He has an,appointment in january n i made a list of things im going to bring up.

its also very stinky not ur normal pee smell so i thought infection but he shows no signs n he has no complaint s.

Its very stressful even tho its just pee. I feel i failed sime how

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Either there's a real issue there medically or emotionally or he's just a bit lazy.... I'd consider taking him to the pedi to make sure there's nothing going on and if he gets the all-clear, I'd make him wear pull-ups because only Big Boys and Girls get to wear Big Kid Undies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Any one else have any ideas has this happened to you
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM

You didn't, sweet lady.

Have you ever sat down with him and asked HIM why he thought he was going pee and if there is something HE thinks he can do to make it better? Perhaps feeling like he's in control and is involved in coming up with a solution will make him try harder....Lots of praise and even a weekly reward chart might help, too.

Quoting Anonymous: This what im afraid of i heard it could be a sign he was sexually abused.

He has an,appointment in january n i made a list of things im going to bring up.

its also very stinky not ur normal pee smell so i thought infection but he shows no signs n he has no complaint s.

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
agreed. My son was "potty lazy" at seven. We made him wear good-nites and suddenly he wasn't so lazy. I also started waking him up twiceevery night and forcing him to go pee. He hated it and soon after he stopped bed wetting also.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM
The chart sounds like a good idea. well make one tonight.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

You didn't, sweet lady.

Have you ever sat down with him and asked HIM why he thought he was going pee and if there is something HE thinks he can do to make it better? Perhaps feeling like he's in control and is involved in coming up with a solution will make him try harder....Lots of praise and even a weekly reward chart might help, too.

Quoting Anonymous: This what im afraid of i heard it could be a sign he was sexually abused.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Take him to his pedi first. Don't worry until you hear from them. If he's physically okay, he could just be having a hard time with bed wetting. Maybe he wakes up when he feels the pee and he's ashamed. Maybe he doesn't like getting out of bed in a quiet house. Maybe he is sleepwalking. And it's always possible that he's just a normal six year old boy and he is making bed wetting worse by stressing himself out. There could be a hundred things, I would certainly not leap to stressing about the possibility of abuse. Talk to his pedi, and good luck! 

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM

The chart is a great idea too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)