Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: I think I'm in labor but I can't leave the for the hospital for at least two hours

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Christmas Eve I felt sick. Thought I was coming down with a bug. It wasnt much better yesterday but was manageable.

Today I woke up and it was horrible.

I puked a few times and just felt crappy.
My stomach hurts and it's pretty painful but it just felt like a constant painful pukey feeling. They only thing that helps is if I lay on my side , that helps it die.

Then my back started hurting. thought it was from not sitting enough.

Then I got what I thought to be BH, didn't hurt just a pain in the ass.

Until about 2 hours ago when it started to hurt lightly. It got a little worse. I had some water and laid on my side, that helped some.

Until about 40 minutes ago when it started to get really bad. Then I realised,
I hadn't felt the baby move in awhile.

So I called dh to tell him that I think we
Need to get to a hospital.
(I'm only at 36 weeks. And I can't call my doctor. He isn't open today.)

He said ok. But there's one problem. He's two hours away. (Of course, the one time i really need him... usually hes 20 minutes away at most...) He was taking his dad to this place to have a drug test as he needs it before he can start his new job. So even leaving instantly. It'll take two hits to get here.

We don't have anyone around. Just out one neighbours who are out of town still. And with a twenty month old at home it's not like I can just call an ambulance. And the only person that could watch her is fil, who is with dh. Normally I'd just ask john and Becky (our neighbours) but they won't be back until tomorrow. And we just moved here 6 weeks ago so we don't know many people. There's bil, but he's 3 hours away doing an install.

I'm trying really hard to stay calm and just make sure I have everything I need in my bag. But I'm reslly worried. Especially since I'm diabetic and my blood sugar went though the roof while I was in labor with dd which really worried everyone. They've been running higher today but have stayed below 200 so far...

Anyone have some advice that could help..

Eta- 1. Calling my doctor has nothing to do with whether or not I'm going to the hospital, I'm going. I just meant I can't call him to get his opinion or see what he thinks I should be doing.

2. I never went into labor on my own with dd. I had to be induced at 37 weeks do to high blood pressure, and low amniotic fluid. I spent 15 hours in labor, and didnt feel any contraction until I was already at 8cm (although they did show up on the monitor.) I have no expirerence with going into labor and trust me I already feel like an idiot for not being able to tell.

Update: 3 cm dilated
50% effaced.
Water broke during cervical exam..,
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
Nee86
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM
This. Make sure you have some snacks and toys for your little one and call the ambulance. My experience has been the nurses are pretty understanding and will try and help you as much as possible.

Quoting Aslen: Yes, you CAN take an ambulance to the hospital with an infant/toddler. I have had to do it before.

Call 911
1sttimemommy93
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM
The fact that you say you think you're in labor & the fact that you're able to post on cafe mom & respond to other moms tells me either you're in early labor or it's false labor. Drink some water, get comfortable, & time the contractions. If they start getting worse go in right away.good luck
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Better safe than sorry. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous: He was planning to induce me at 39 weeks with the same plan as dd. which is "if the pills don't help me dialate, we'll just go ahead with a c-section".

Quoting LyTe684: Are you having a c section? Monitor your sugar. If need be, call an ambulance. It's not worth the risk.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM

See 1st page of replies, call 911.

bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Just curious, not read all of the replys.... why cant you call an ambulance?
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Drive yourself, call a cab, call an ambulance

... And your ob has an after hours line. They will have the on all doctor call you
Momsold
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM

If you're diabetic, you're puking, and you feel horrible, call a fucking ambulance.

They will arrange care for your child.  I'm almost positive that an ambulance ride is way more fun than watching her mom go into DKA would be.

Your meter might be screwing up and giving you false readings. 

Don't chance your health or the health of your child....

Dolcepsle
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Call a taxi if needed. Ambulance if it's awful. THEY WILL NOT DENY YOU SERVICE IF A CHILD IS PRESENT.
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I hope everything works out for you. I just had a baby on the 12th. He wasn't due until 31st. Lucky for my df was home and I had a Dr appt that day. Matter of fact my water started leaking about 20 mins before the appt. I was 37w and he was already 10.4 lbs

Keep us updated please :-)
nemo258
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Please get to a hospital. They will help with your child
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured