Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me with family inlaw drama, if you would please.

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH isn't talking to his brothers and sisters. We've always been close, but after a huge money situation about a year ago, and a lot of BS, DH stopped talking to them. I would still take my two girls when I could, but it just got to a point where I felt they were leaving us out and my girls out(they wouldn't call me to invite me to stuff even though I would've gone with the girls bc they knew brian wouldn't) and me being around them made DH uncomfortable (he'd call me every hour when I was away). So I felt I had to choose between them and DH (we were having TONS of marital issues on top of all that). I chose DH obviously. It hurts me. I miss them. My SIL was my best friend, even though we had been drifting the past year or so. 

So now my question is: da da da!!!!!! I'm pregnant. 13 weeks along. I can't hide it from them much longer and DH refuses to tell them. I want to tell me friends and family via facebook (my aunts and uncles and friends from home and such. My parents know). I'm friends with DH's family on FB (I think, if they haven't unfriended me). So, would you be upset you found out your SIL was pregnant via facebook? Should I send a text before, or just let them figure it out? I don't want to offend them and push them farther away, I really hope DH will fix this with them.

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I think making big announcements on Facebook should be done after all immediate and/or close family is informed. Send a private message if speaking is out of the question. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM
3 moms liked this

My husband's name is Brian.

I think it's another name for "Stubborn"

LadyEmris
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

That's deff kind of a sticky situation. I think in this one I'd just respect my husbands wishes and just hope there can be a resolution soon. Maybe with the new baby coming use that to try and push your husband into working it out

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I do to, but we're NOT speaking. Nor will they be happy for us, so I really don't feel comfortable sending a text, hey just so you know, I'm preggers!

Quoting JulyBabies:

I think making big announcements on Facebook should be done after all immediate and/or close family is informed. Send a private message if speaking is out of the question. 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I wouldn't care. Congrats!
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
If they won't be happy for you, why do you care about what they will think about you announcing it on FB?

Quoting BabyPink07:

I do to, but we're NOT speaking. Nor will they be happy for us, so I really don't feel comfortable sending a text, hey just so you know, I'm preggers!

Quoting JulyBabies:

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Lmao, did I post that DH was Brian? He's stubborn for sure. In this case though, even though he made TONS of hard headed mistakes too, I feel he has a right to be hurt. AND now that things are this way, they're treating ME like crap. So I'm so torn with not wanting to offend, and just saying f u!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

My husband's name is Brian.

I think it's another name for "Stubborn"

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Quoting BabyPink07:

Quoting JulyBabies:

I get that. But you aren't speaking now, one day you may be speaking again and this is just one of those types of things that would sting. I personally, would send an e- mail with the information and hope that this resolves itself before the new baby comes. 

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM

because my daughter misses her cousins, and I don't want to do anything that will make it harder for them to make up. 

Quoting LyTe684: If they won't be happy for you, why do you care about what they will think about you announcing it on FB?

Quoting BabyPink07:

Quoting JulyBabies:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Call them on the phone first. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)