Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think he got duped :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I tell him?

Options:

Tell him, he should know if he was fooled!

Keep your mouth shut and be grateful!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

DH is typically a horrible gift giver; he rarely considers if the recipient will like it and simply thinks if he were that person he would like it so obviously they will too.

This year he did amazing. I have been eyeballing Michael Kors purses lately. He surprised me and bought me what he thought was a genuine MK purse. I was looking around today to buy the matching wallet (he told me he would pay for it if I found it!) and through my searches I have been unable to find the purse he got me on any MK retailer's site. After a lot of searching, I decided to google how to tell if it's real and I am 95% sure it's not :( 

I had no reason before this wallet search to question it it was authentic or not (and I honestly don't care) but if it is not genuine he will be crushed and pissed for a few reasons: he will have over paid for it and be furious, he will think I didn't trust that he bought a real bag and looked it up and be crushed, etc.

Should I say anything to him or just keep it to myself? I will carry it either way because I like it and it was a thoughtful gift.

He paid $150-180 for it. For that price, I'm confident he'd be pissed it's a knock off. I can't post pics, I'm on my PC and my phone cord wont do date transfers to my computer.

I have decided to keep it to myself. Telling him will gain nothing, so what's the point? Thank you guys for your input!!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Picture?

Personally I would hold the scammer responsible for it, but that's just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Forget the wallet and continue liking your bag. You liked it before you found out, so why let that change it now.

Next time, point out the selection at TJ Maxx. They have MK there, usually around $200.
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM

picture?

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM

If you plan to keep it and love it all the same, then don't tell him. It would only hurt his feelings.

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM
pic
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Just tell him you didn't like the matching wallet and leave it alone. He obviously tried really hard.

.sugar.kisses.
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Just let it go

How much did he pay for it??
Flouncy
by Cat Herder on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I would let this one go. You have to pick your battles and this doesn't seem worth it to me. He was probably patting himself on the back thinking he hit this one out of the ballpark...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Maybe he purposely bought a knock off?

adulation
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I don't know what kind of relationship you have with him, but if it were my so, I would tell him, because I wouldn't want him to make the mistake again;I wouldn't want him to waste money like that. I know he would feel stupid but I know he would learn from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN