Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you make your kids do school work during break?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 259 Replies
My 6 year old thinks I am mean for making him do a little school work today.do you make your kids do work?
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamnameless
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Bump
Runner36
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to...but I don't anymore.  My 7th grader has so much homework during school that he really does need the break...and I don't have the energy to fight with my 4th grader about it.

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes I do. They need to keep up with their studies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara82lee
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM
During the summer but not usually Christmas or Spring Break. They're usually too hectic for me. But if you have the time, go for it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Yes I do!

My 10 years old child has to read every day 4 chapters from one of her book.
My 12 years old child, has to work on his school project...

When they were 6 and 7 years old I was like you, the mean Mom who made them do it, now, it is part of our daily time together during their school break. They have learned how to schedule it around movies, rolling skating, videos games, playing with a friend or visiting relatives. Lol
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

my 6 year old begs for school work.  and I accomodate.  her favorite phrase of late is "mommy, teach me something!"  she's not real picky about what, either.  she's happy to hear about whatever part of the body I've been learning about in class.  she's so interested in writing cursive that I printed out sheets for her and had her start working on the uppercase letters.  and she has plenty of workbooks to keep her occupied when she wants to be the teacher.  my kids have always had a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning.  though the oldest was lazy as hell and had issues turning in homework, even if it was complete.  smh

soljawife
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Oh yes!!! My mom always tells me I'm mean but hey shes doing great in school!. :) Good job momma!
piesmama09
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Nah, my 9yo gets straight A's and never even cracks a book I don't think she needs the extra work at this time.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

If it is assigned then yes. My DD has homework, she is in 2nd grade and DS has reading.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Yup!! We haven't done any yet because I wanted ds to have a few days to just enjoy but starting tomorrow we will be working on reading, writing and tying his shoes daily. I already have work books and print outs from Pinterest all ready and waiting!! He's six too and def needs the practice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)