Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was I wrong to be upset? (bible for christmas) UPDATE!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 965 Replies
7 moms liked this

So me and my husband are both Athiests, this is no secret among our friends and family. We respect all religions and ask that others do the same for us, Well this is my issue,

So my sister-in-law and brother-in-law have become quite active members in church they have 2 kids ages 6 and 3, while we were at my father-in-laws for holiday gift exchange my husband got a present and a homemade christmas card from the 6 year old. When we got home curiosity got the best of me and the gift was a bible. The card in perfectly spelled words said...

Dear Uncle, i got you this bible because I want you to believe in God so I can see you in heaven one day...

So the reason im mad is because they all knew our beliefs and the 6 year old cannot spell some of those words which led me to believe that my sister-in-law put him up to it, We see their kids about twice a year and we have never told our nephew what we choose or not choose to believe in. So any advice would be appreciated. I am still a little upset over it as I feel it was very innapropriate, Thanks

So I called my SIL and asked to speak with my nephew, I asked him what made him decide to give the gift to his uncle, his reply was this in exact words!

"Mommy picked it out and told me what to write. She told me that you and Uncle weren't going to heaven because you dont believe in god. I don't want you all to burn. "

i TOLD HIM THANKYOU AND HUNG UP

SO I WAS RIGHT HE WAS PUT UP TO IT AND I AM KINDA PISSED.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormy0142
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM
32 moms liked this
Yeah that is a cheap shot in my opinion...also very passive aggressive.
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM
87 moms liked this
Id take it back to SIL and tell them if they ever use their child to try to force religion into my home again that they will never see us ever again.

I don't tolerate that bullshit.
stormy0142
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM
85 moms liked this
Maybe buy them a book on evolution for bithday??
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I would be very upset
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM
58 moms liked this

That child loves you enough to not want you to go to hell. That's what he believes. I don't know, should you be offended?

DEJavu17
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM
110 moms liked this
...if you are an atheist, why do you celebrate CHRISTmas?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM
5 moms liked this

Why are you upset about it? It is just a stupid book,throw it out.I had a friend who did that one year,she wasnt too happy when she seen it propping my back door open lol.

stormy0142
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM
8 moms liked this
No the parents are using manipulation. Big difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

That child loves you enough to not want you to go to hell. That's what he believes. I don't know, should you be offended?

jenesis509
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM
5 moms liked this
O wouldn't be offended and I don't think she put him up to it but he did get help I have a nephew raised religious and think of these things all on his own lol just be happy that he cares
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM
8 moms liked this

What really upset me because of all the things he could have chosen for his uncle I dont believe a 6 year old would choose a bible and that letter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured