Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you get well without sleep? Seriously

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:59 AM
  • 17 Replies

Do you have to get someone to watch your child to get well sometimes? My innocent cold from 2 weeks ago turned into bronchitis because I couldn't get anyone to watch my child and let me get some decent sleep. My mom's finally going to watch her this weekend. 

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I dunno, you just put your big girl panties on and manage...sorry that the only choice I have, im totally jealous as well, I'd kill to have family closer to keep my kids from time to time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I hope you are well to see her soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

You just have to get creative.When my kids were younger I would literally lay down on blankets blocking their way out of a safe room they could play in and get some rest while sick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM

When they nap you nap. I know it is not easy i have been thier done that. Put up baby gates nap on the couch while the watch tv. Go to bed as soon as your husband walks in the door , let the cleaning and dishes go. Rest the kids will be fine on pbj and snacks. Have husband bring hone take out . 

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:46 AM

When i was married my ex would stay home and work from home to watch the kids

or we would ship them off to their grandparents.

now that we are no longer married

i send them to daddies house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM
My oldest 8 yr old refrees the younger ones 5,6 and 6 yrs old. Ive been on bedrest for a month now due to having croup and its affecting my heart. I have mitral valve regurgatation, serious heart murmer, and chronic anemia. Dh just started working full time and the kids are on break. My oldest had made pancakes and sausage for breakfast (I taught them to cook) and my youngest cut up the fruit. They brought me a tray in with a cup of coffee. I do what I can but ever time I go to stand my legs crumble. Its a terible feeling to be helpless. All our kids are helping out with all the chores so the house isnt a mess. As soon as the kids can walk they are taught. We have independent kids here.

Dh and my oldest had a fit when my ex husband (oldest dad; i have full custody) came into my room and woke me up telling me to get out of bed and stop being lazy. He was here for a few days and not once tried to help at all. Oldest booted him out the door after he called dh and asked what dh what to do. Dh said boot him so my oldest did.

Right now my youngest and oldest are at their great aunts. Dsd and dss are at their babysitters. So its peaceful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM
See if a friend or relative can watch the kids for a few hours while you nap.
Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Sleep when they sleep! 

Consider trying a hot cup of Moccaccino.  It's simply DELICIOUS!

teddysmama09
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I had a wicked stomach flu last month, but unfortunately so did both my kids. My husband was working overtime all week so i had to play nurse to the kids. I spent the days running between them, cleaning puke, wiping noses, checking fevers and comforting. Then at night my toddler would scream all night because she was so tired but couldn't sleep because she felt so yucky.  My flu lingered for almost two weeks because I couldn't rest.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I've always been blessed with family that helps out. I'm very sick right now. Not like you but chronic health issues and had to move back in with my parents. They help with my son. IMO you need sleep to do back in 101% working order. I feel for those who do not have help. I remember before I was like I am now I would put a movie on and snooze. Not bc I was sick but exhausted! Naeem has never been a good sleeper so on the weekend we watched movies in our pjs unless we had other plans. Im one of those ppl who NEEDS atleast 8hrs of sleep but Naeem is good on 4hrs of sleep. Even as an infant. Ugh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN