Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone that knows about UPS

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 25 Replies
Does UPS sometimes deliver to the post office and then the post office deliver to the home?

I'm having problems with one of the prizes I sent. The tracking was for UPS and it said to expect delivery by the 21st, but on the 23rd the status showed it with USPS and no more updates. No delivery confirmation or anything. The package was not going to a PO box. I'm not sure whether to call UPS or to try and call their local post office.
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Yes. It's so annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I'd call UPS. Yes, the post office delivers a lot of ups packages. Not to mention now that ups is going through their entire "situation" they are now handing 50% of their packages for the next 2 weeks to the post office to help them get things delivered
lovemercygrace
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Yep, they often give it to the Post office to deliver.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Maybe USPS issues a new tracking number when they get it?
KatLee42513
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Call ups
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Yes, sometimes UPS transfers to the USPS and then tracking stops. I'd try calling both. Honestly, I bet they'll probably try and blame each other.

This year especially all the delivery companies got insanely overwhelmed and things are lost and delayed like crazy.

I hope that person receives it very soon, that was such a wonderful thing you did!

lovemercygrace
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. It's so annoying.

Not really it creates revenue for the post office, so it is a good thing.

anitarichman
by Anita on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Yes, both UPS and FedEx have a deal with the USPS for deliveries.  UPS ships it to the post office depot that delivers in that area.  I believe to keep the shipping costs down, and it sucks because the USPS won't guarantee the delivery.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
If it says its been handed over to the post office, and you don't get a delivery slip today, just go down and ask for it. Just bring your id

Sorry, misread, they need to go to their post office, etc.
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Ugghh...I hope they get it out soon. I feel bad.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd call UPS. Yes, the post office delivers a lot of ups packages. Not to mention now that ups is going through their entire "situation" they are now handing 50% of their packages for the next 2 weeks to the post office to help them get things delivered
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)