Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is addicted to cereal

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

and it drives me crazy.

He can go through one of those big bags of cereal in two days. 

I bought a big bag of cereal, I guess a little under a week ago... and ALLL the kids wanted for breakfast today was cold cereal. I was trying to convince them to have oatmeal but they werent interested. So I said okay. We were all dissapointed when, NO COLD cereal... DH had eaten both the big bag, and the box of my cereal. 

Like, WTF? I'm trying to buy groceries on a budget while keeping everyones favorites in the cupboards, and he's eating cereal like that. Pisses me off. I never even got a single bowl of my cereal.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caustinb
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Both of my kids eat cereal like crazy! They ask for it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And snacks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Look at it this way. At least it's not cheeseburgers.
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Stop buying cereal or buy ones he doesn't like. We don't have that problem so Idk what to say. :/

supergasper
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I love apple jacks.  If I start eating them, I just can't stop.

jupiter5
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Buy more cereal....
SKM1119
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
My husband is like that. He will go through boxes! It's cute. But my daughter doesn't eat much cereal and neither do I.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM

So Im supposed to stop buying something me and the kids enjoy (although less frequently) because he cant control himself?

There has never been a cereal he hasnt conquered. We were at his grandmothers, and she is a health nut...she had this cereal that looked and tasted like sticks... He's just munching away like it was the best thing on earth... I couldnt even chew it.

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Stop buying cereal or buy ones he doesn't like. We don't have that problem so Idk what to say. :/

aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
It's cereal. Not crack......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Cereal is a pretty cheap meal so it can be accommodated on a budget. I'd start marking things though: explain to dh that these giant bags are his and the one marked family is for the kids and you ONLY
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Okay... yep... Next time I am at the grocery store with 20 dollars to my name, I will be sure to pass up the fruits and veggies for nothing but cereal. 

I dont think it's unreasonable to ask HIM to cut back on uneccessary eating. Healthier for him and my wallet.

Quoting jupiter5: Buy more cereal....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured