Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've decided that I won't be having a daughter

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 245 Replies
6 moms liked this
if I don't get pregnant again by the time I'm 40. No more trying after that. I will go on birth control of some sort and just accept it isn't going to happen. I need some sort of closure and I'm just going to put it on a number to help my brain deal with it. I couldn't love my 5 boys more, but I always wanted a little girl, too. I may always wonder what she would have been like, but I will accept it as the way it was meant to be.

Hopefully, I will be gifted a granddaughter someday.

I am showing signs of fertility, so I have about 16 months or so for it to happen, but we aren't actively trying. What will be, will be.

:)
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this
I would hold out for grandchildren honestly. I've heard that they are so much more fun. LOL
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I think that's a good idea, the closure will definitely help. Dh jokes that he only makes boys lol, we still have a couple months before we know what this baby is.

Oh and btw now that the craziness of the holidays are winding down, you owe me a billy Vanilly date! :P
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I am sure it will happen :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Even if you never get a daughter, I bet one day you'll have tons of grand daughters :)

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, more kids raises my grandbaby numbers exponentially...lol.

Quoting bmw29: I would hold out for grandchildren honestly. I've heard that they are so much more fun. LOL
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this
We need to discuss this...
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I was just thinking about that yesterday...lol.

Quoting Mazi184: I think that's a good idea, the closure will definitely help. Dh jokes that he only makes boys lol, we still have a couple months before we know what this baby is.

Oh and btw now that the craziness of the holidays are winding down, you owe me a billy Vanilly date! :P
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My aunt has 3 boys and six grand daughters, my sil has two daughters and two grandsons...hahahah
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I think that's wise. 40+ is too old.
morgan483
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel for you. I believe you'll be blessed with granddaughters. I wouldn't want to be pregnant after 40 either. Heck, I'm 30 and I'm preggers with #3 and I am DONE after this. I started at 22, so I figure I've earned my late 40s to travel, etc. I have two boys now and this is finally a girl, so I know how you feel...I really wanted my little girl. I hope you do get yours before you close up shop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN