Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is anyone else dealing with this?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
SS (six years old) has been a complete brat all morning. I'm saying this out of love and frustration, not in an evil 'I hate my SK' kind of way. He's usually a good kid, but in the last few hours he's tested my limits.

He opened his gifts from us last night, and later this evening we're going to go visit my family for more gifts. We're hanging out at the house this morning and getting everything cleaned up.

DH asked him to get his room organized. He told his to take all of the toys out of their boxes, get them put together, and put them in the toybox. SS threw a fit and sat on the staircase and cried.

I was making muffins in the kitchen and SS came sulking in. DH and I were talking about our chores. I mentioned to SS, "After breakfast, I'll need your help taking the Christmas tree down." Another fit.

He started crying when I told him to eat one muffin (vs. four) first. And then again, when we asked him to save the last few muffins for my inlaws, who are on their way over.

Normally SS isn't like this. Is anyone else experiencing this from their normally well behaved kids? Is this after Christmas brattiness?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katrina.0822
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Probably just Christmas brattiness. My son is the epitome of perfect kid most of the time. Always with pleasesand thank yous and listens the first time I ask him to do something but by the end of Christmas it was all crying and fits and the most ridiculous behavior. Probably because he was spoiled ALL day.

He should kick it in a couple days once thehype wears down

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
He may just be overstimulated from all the excitement.

My kids get like that right before they get sick too. Moody little creatures.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My daughter who is THE most caring and patient child (she was just awarded a medal for those traits at school!) got a little grumpy and persnickety on Christmas evening and I chalk it up to being tired, excited for the holidays, and the inevitable holiday let-down when it's over.

She went to bed and woke up cheerful and chipper as ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Ugh. That's what I was thinking.

The last four days have been nonstop Christmas celebrations. With his mom, his moms family, our house, DH's family, and later tonight my family.

Quoting katrina.0822:

Probably just Christmas brattiness. My son is the epitome of perfect kid most of the time. Always with pleasesand thank yous and listens the first time I ask him to do something but by the end of Christmas it was all crying and fits and the most ridiculous behavior. Probably because he was spoiled ALL day.

He should kick it in a couple days once thehype wears down

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Sounds waay over tired and cranky. Things will calm down after. Same way here and we have kids from 3-11!
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Christmas is a huge stimulant for younger kids. Just give him patience and he will be back to normal soon. I know my 5 year old kid is sick and STILL acting like a maniac. 

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM
The past 2 weeks I have had this child living with me and I don't know who she is. I think it's all the activity and overstimulation of Christmas.
FullMoonFever
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Everybody has a bad day now and then and get in cranky moods.Even kids.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Oh yea, the after christmas meltdowns are fun! Dd was like that yesterday. I think its just over stimulation for a lot of them! Lots of new stuff, lots of people, lots of food....heck, sometimes I feel like having a break down the day after Christmas! Haha!

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My 4 year old, at my ILs opened up his gifts and saw there were still a few wrapped gifts under the tree. They were for their neighbors and some extended family and such. He kept asking, "What other presents are for me." and would get SO UPSET when we told him that's all the presents. He kept asking for more toys, and was VERY upset at the suitcase of clothing my MIL got him. It was a cool Lego suitcase!

Normally he's not like that at all, not sure what got into him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured