Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion and government assistance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
18 moms liked this

I see this on here ALL of the time and I can't help but wonder if a lot of you realize how hypocritical you are...

You say that abortion is wrong and children are gifts from God but when a woman is poor and she gets all these little "Gifts from God" that she cannot afford your criticize her for utilizing government assistance to take care of her kids. 

If those are God's gifts don't we all have a responsibility to take care of them because no matter if she was using protection or not they are gifts that should be taken care of... Or are they only gifts if they come from a "good" family?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Irish_mama_2011
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Well said.

Krysta784
by Dani on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM
4 moms liked this
You'll find that not all prolifers are against government assistance.

I'm not. I don't think there is ever an acceptable reason to abort a child and I'm not against using PA to help support a child if it means the alternative was the child's death.

Not sure that came out right.....

Bottom line: I would rather a mom use PA than abort. Period.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Very true!!
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Finally someone else who thinks like me on this subject!
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM
7 moms liked this

And they'll come back with "Should have kept your legs closed if you couldn't afford more kids". Which is such a stupid thing to say because hey...the ship's already sailed, know what I mean? Saying shit like that just aggravates me. It's not a helpful thing to say. Coulda, woulda, shoulda won't get you anywhere. It's the here and now we have to deal with, we can't change stuff that already happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Right, and I realize that. That's why I said some pro-lifers. I feel like on the agenda of most  people who I consider right winged is the idea that we should be independent but then we want to force a woman to have kids she cant but also not get help. That just suppresses them even more.

Quoting Krysta784: You'll find that not all prolifers are against government assistance.

I'm not. I don't think there is ever an acceptable reason to abort a child and I'm not against using PA to help support a child if it means the alternative was the child's death.

Krysta784
by Dani on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I agree and it's those extreme right wingers that set the abortion debate back time and time again. I can't stand them either....

Quoting Anonymous:

Right, and I realize that. That's why I said some pro-lifers. I feel like on the agenda of most  people who I consider right winged is the idea that we should be independent but then we want to force a woman to have kids she cant but also not get help. That just suppresses them even more.

Quoting Krysta784: You'll find that not all prolifers are against government assistance.

JessMc33
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. It is very hypocritical for conservatives to deny healthcare, which includes contraceptive care and education, to rally for abstinence only education, which has been proven to not work, and then complain about assistance programs. But many cannot see the hypocrisy.
Maddogsmommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this
No but people should refrain from being stupid and use birth control. My husband's niece is pregnant with her 6th and cannot take care of the ones she has, financially or otherwise. It's disgusting. And she won't get her tubes tied for some reason.
dizzy91
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
9 moms liked this

"Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked."

I love George Carlin. Of course, this isn't true for all pro-life people. I had to quote it, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)