Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LEAVE HER ALONE!!!

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 198 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am so tired of people telling my DD she needs to eat, she needs to put some meat on her bones, she needs to grow, she's too skinny.  I'm seriously sick of it.  She is starting to feel bad about herself, even starting to eat when she is full in hopes to gain weight. She is 9, it is not ok for people to treat her this way & this includes adults!

I went through the same crap as a kid, I use to wish to gain weight so people would leave me alone.  I did not like how I looked, I thought something was wrong w/me.  I don't want my child to think like that.  I tell her all the time she is beautiful & to be happy w/who she is & not take her skinniness for granted bc one day she will have to work to lose a belly like her mama! lol

I don't understand, it isn't ok to go around telling people who are overweight "hey lose weight, hey you should eat less, hey you're too fat."  If it isn't ok to say that to those that overweight what makes so many think it is ok to say such things to a person that is skinny?

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM

i have  the SAME problem with my dd... only it's my FAMILY who make the cruel remarks...and my dd has a condition where part of her bowel is missing so absorption is even harder for her

Mena929
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Well I think she is gorgeous! She doesn't look too skinny to me :)

teaspring
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM

She looks fine to me ... about the exact same size as my daughter from the looks of the pics.  My daughter is 9-1/2 and she weighs 56 pounds and is perfectly healthy per our pediatrician

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM

my son is the same. hes always been small. he eats like a horse, he just grows up and not out.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Beautiful girl, we go through the same with 8 year old ds.
mommyof20813
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM

She looks fine!!!

darciegenito
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM

When I was younger, I was thin like that.. all the way up until about a few years ago and I was accused of being Anorexic.  People don't realize that hurts as much as someone calling you overweight.

Outspoken.Mime
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Well its apparently a crime worse than murder to tell someone they are fat.....so why this is acceptable I don't know.

jmart18255
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

i dont think she is too skinny i think she looks fine tell her to ignore people. that what i told my son he is very thin and everyone is always telling him he looks like a walking skeleton he weighs 72 pounds and is almost 11 he has always been small when he was born he weighed 2lbs 8ozs he is never going to be large

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Same with my son.

Quoting dmarie2101:

my son is the same. hes always been small. he eats like a horse, he just grows up and not out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured