Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Army ...

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 62 Replies
So I'm thinking about joining .. Any suggestions
or advice ?

Thanks ladies but you all have completely changed my mind.
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Just run beforehand. And get your push ups down pat, you'll be doing a lot of them. Don't have any crazy hair colors, or attitude. Don't cause drama, or take part of it (girl platoons=DRAMA).

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Theres really nothing else that can prepare you to be in the military. I'm in the Air Force. Was going to go Army but decided to go Blue instead of Green.

Angeliquer13
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Yea I read up on everything I need to be able to do to pass basic training. I think if I train for three months before I should be good.

Quoting kaybayblee3:

Just run beforehand. And get your push ups down pat, you'll be doing a lot of them. Don't have any crazy hair colors, or attitude. Don't cause drama, or take part of it (girl platoons=DRAMA).

sara82lee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Join the Air Force instead :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Get your self in shape.
Get anything promised to you I'm writing.
Make sure, double check and check again that your amount of dependents upon joining is acceptable.
Make sure your debt is low or gone.
Be prepared to leave your children for quite some time for IET, AIT, any training you do with your unit, 24 hour shifts and deployments.
Angeliquer13
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I'm scared of heights :(

Quoting sara82lee: Join the Air Force instead :)
Angeliquer13
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I really just want to do administrative work would I still get deployed ?

Quoting Anonymous: Get your self in shape.

Make sure, double check and check again that your amount of dependents upon joining is acceptable.

Be prepared to leave your children for quite some time for IET, AIT, any training you do with your unit, 24 hour shifts and deployments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Be prepared to be rejected on the basis that you are female.  If you are accepted, be prepared to be treated like crap.  If anyone tells you men and women are treated no differently, they are full of sh*t.  Oh, keep yourself knowledgeable and prepared.  Military rape happens.  A LOT.

evolove
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Basic is easy and fun! If you pick a job you like it'll be better for you as well. So don't sign anything until you get the job you want. Unless you are in a hurry to get in like I was. Even then, I love being an 88m (heavy vehicle operator). I've been in a few years so PM me if you have questions.
evolove
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Everyone gets deployed.

Quoting Angeliquer13: I really just want to do administrative work would I still get deployed ?

Quoting Anonymous: Get your self in shape.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN