Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Flowers in the Attic *book spoilers*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I'm not new to VC Andrews (and yes, I am talking about the real VC Andrews, not the person who is continuing her stories), but I haven't read Flowers in the Attic yet. I just started and my mom keeps telling me how it is her most messed up book. When does it start to get really messes up? I am at the part where they start decorating the attic.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM

It shouldn't be too long.  I didn't think it was that disturbing.  Just a little creepy.  The next couple are also pretty weird.  I like most of her stuff.  The ones she actually wrote and the other ones.

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Wait til you get closer to the end, it is fucked up. I can't find the rest of them in the library so I'm gonna have to get them on our kindle :/
FirstTimeMama21
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Not much longer. And it gets pretty messed up through the next three books too.
Kholt
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Its just weird cuz the incest shit. But with the circumstances of their lives its kinda like what did you think would happen
km1970
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I haven't read that book in years, but you should start to read strange things soon. Closer to the end it gets more odd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I haven't those books in years. I still have them in a box somewhere. I don't remember when it starts to get really messed up. I need to find those books.

The first book I read was My Sweet Audrina and that was when I was 13- freaked me the hell out.

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Soon...lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I have the rest of the series, just didn't have Flowers in the Attic. My nama saw it at a second hand store and bought it for me. I made sure I didn't read the other ones first.
I love her books though. She is my favorite author.

Quoting Anonymous: Wait til you get closer to the end, it is fucked up. I can't find the rest of them in the library so I'm gonna have to get them on our kindle :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I read it when I was 12-13yrs old I don't think it's that messed up. But the parts she is probably talking about are still coming up.

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

LOL i read that book in 4th grade. I barely understood it.

But now I know why my teacher did a freak out.

Although my mom was like relax she wont understand the complicated parts anyhow!

and she was right!

but I do like that book and the REAL vc andrews.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)