Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cant safely co sleep anymore..Need help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I am no longer able to co sleep safely due to being overly tired. My almost 2 month old son is EBF and is VERY colicky. He does not sleep at all during the day unless hes in my arms nursing. He will only sleep at night nestled into me while co sleeping and nursing. We have tried EVERYTHING else and NOTHING works and I mean nothing... swaddling, binky, vibrating chair, swing, gas drops, colic calm and gripe water. Nothing else gets him to sleep, he will literally scream the entire night long unless we co sleep. I can obviously get him to sleep while holding him and nursing (the only thing other than co sleeping) but that would be dangerous due to me being over tired.. I cant sit up every night nursing and holding him, If I were to fall asleep with him in my arms I could obviously drop him.

So I am open to ANYTHING to try and get him to sleep in his cradle.. I have one right next to the bed on my side like right up against my side but he still wont sleep in it.

Any suggestions? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJM_SHM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

since he is ebf have you tried elimination diet at all? Often colic is from food sensitivity and it's my understanding it's most often to dairy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Put him in his crib with a shirt you have worn under him. The shirt will have your smell on it. 

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Try swaddling him real tight then get him to sleep. When you lay him down he will feel like you are holding him. Put one of your used shirts next to him too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Mother's heartbeat machine? Did you delete your other post?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I got nothing. Sorry. Ask the pedi.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Mother's heartbeat machine? Did you delete your other post?

Ive tried that and white noise.. No its still there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quoting Xanbuttsmom: Try swaddling him real tight then get him to sleep. When you lay him down he will feel like you are holding him. Put one of your used shirts next to him too.

Im a great swaddler but it doesnt help him sleep.. I am going to try the shirt thing though! havent tried that yet.

sydney_106
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM
As far as the colic, have you tried a probiotic? Like the kind where you open the capsule and dump out the powder. Not the tablet kind. I tried it with my son - after trying everything you just mentioned - and I swear it helped him. Can't promise anything but it's worth a shot! Watch out for "baby wrist" too - I got it from carrying my son too much when he was colicky! Hang in there mama.
AmiJanell
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I would work on the not holding him during the day for naps when you aren't trying to sleep... Get him used to his bassinet. We had to use a very snug swaddle with my son. When you lay him down, don't pick him right up if he fusses... Try "shh-ing" him, pat his tummy. Rub his head, lay you hand on his tummy...
Talk to his pediatrician about the colic... Colic is a symptom not a condition... It's almost always tummy related, look at your diet and also reflux.
See if you can have someone come and help so you can rest while you sort things out with his tummy troubles.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)