Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sad for my fiancée.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My fiancées mom and I had a fallen out a year ago, and ever since I tried to make amends but nothing helped. My fiancée was then stuck in the middle by her, which was insane. I had eventually snapped because I was tired of how he was being used with her. But instead of bashing at her, I went seeked professional help on how to handle the situation figuring maybe it is something that I did. Anywho through therapy I have learned to just focus on my life with my children and let my fiancée handle his own family and just stay out of it and literally for 3 months, it's been wonderful for me. Though it's driving her crazy because I coukd honestly care less, my fiancée is getting the back lash from her.  We found out we are expecting. Such a happy time for us. Well his mother, and close immediate family who's up her ass isn't happy gor him, nor coukd care less. His grandma and cousin congratulated him, and that was it. :( I just feel bad for him that he has no support except a few. he said the other day to me "now I understand what your mom and you said that family shouldn't treat you lie that and I'm thankful that your family is supportive for the both of us" I was raised to not judge because you may have dealt with similar or worse and to forgive though someone has hurt you. I see and know not everyone was raised the same and therapy helped me figure that out.... 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Hopefully she gets her head out of her ass swiftly. 

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM

cool.

glad therapy helped.

not to be rude, seriously just wondering.  why did you need someone else to tell you not to focus on anything but you and the kids?  I kind of figured that one out on my own. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I'm too much of a caring person to alone anyone to go through shitty stuff alone. It just takes someone to push you in a right direction to tell you that you should focus on this and not this. 

Plus us there was more thing therapy covered other than that but that's deep emotions from my father and crap. It was just one of the topics we had covered. Example, I was upset my fiancées mom travelled 2 hours to my home, stayed for 15 mins because she was pissed I let the stray cat outside in the cold..... I told her you barely see the grand kids as it is, was a cat that much more important than your grand kids? But my therapist had said to me "if someone wishes to travel 2-6 hours to stay only a short time, you shouldn't be concerned that they wasted their time, instead simply thank them, and move on" 

Quoting PollyPockette:

cool.

glad therapy helped.

not to be rude, seriously just wondering.  why did you need someone else to tell you not to focus on anything but you and the kids?  I kind of figured that one out on my own. 

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM

ok

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm too much of a caring person to alone anyone to go through shitty stuff alone. It just takes someone to push you in a right direction to tell you that you should focus on this and not this. 

Plus us there was more thing therapy covered other than that but that's deep emotions from my father and crap. It was just one of the topics we had covered. Example, I was upset my fiancées mom travelled 2 hours to my home, stayed for 15 mins because she was pissed I let the stray cat outside in the cold..... I told her you barely see the grand kids as it is, was a cat that much more important than your grand kids? But my therapist had said to me "if someone wishes to travel 2-6 hours to stay only a short time, you shouldn't be concerned that they wasted their time, instead simply thank them, and move on" 

Quoting PollyPockette:

cool.

glad therapy helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN