Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Welfare fraud- would you turn them in?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 203 Replies

My BIL and his GF had a baby in June.  Over Christmas, we learned that my BIL didn't go on the birth cert and that they never told the GF's case worker that she is living with him because he has a good job and good insurance and if they told the case worker that, she would lose her food stamps and medicaid.  My BIL can afford to buy food but his thinking is, " If I can get it for free, I'm taking it."  He is scum, really, and not just because of that, because of other things.  He's sneaky and if he's at your house and your purse is out, he will go through it and steal money, even though he makes twenty dollars an hour.  ( in our area, that's good money).

As far as welfare is concerned, the GF is a single mom who doesn't know who her baby's dad is and still lives at home with her mother ( who also collects welfare and has all of the GF's life.  BIL and GF live next door to her mother.)  Because of the addition of the baby, the mother's welfare income went up as well so she doesn't want them to tell anyone what they are doing.

So would you turn them in?  They are committing a crime and can afford their own shit.  My husband is disgusted by his brother.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:30 AM

B

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:31 AM

U

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:32 AM
I would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I would.

And how would I do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM

yup, I would turn them in. It's supposed to be there for people who need it, not to abuse it.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Child Support Enforcement (through welfare) is going to want to know who the father is so they can take the dad to court for child support. At some point they are going to have to tell them something or get cut off 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM

call the hotline # for your state/county

Quoting Anonymous:

And how would I do it

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I probably would, just for the hell of it. I like to spite scumbags like that.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Google your.... State welfare fraud unit, get the number and call them and give them as much info as you can. They will take it from there, you don't even need to give them your info

Quoting Anonymous:

And how would I do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

yup, then the daddy's going to have to make payments towards the birth. if they were honest from the start that he was supporting her during the time of birth, he wouldn't have to pay it back.

Quoting Sassy762:

Child Support Enforcement (through welfare) is going to want to know who the father is so they can take the dad to court for child support. At some point they are going to have to tell them something or get cut off 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)