Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't like my child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
I have one child that I just can't stand. I feel horrible about it but I can't change it. I have other children and don't feel that way about them at all. Don't get me wrong, I love him but I can't stand him. I don't know if it's his ageist behavior (ADHD) but I really don't enjoy spending time with him at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrimmednPunked
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM

What type of issues do you have with him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Constant back talk, major attitude lately, he NEVER stops talking, gives a running commentary of what's going on even when we are in the same room, hyper, not listening. I think a lot is the ADHD and he is on meds
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Sorry :(
Hopefully you and him can get to a better place soon!
That is how my DD is a lot too. I can't stand it, but I love her and understand its the age and stage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GremlinMom
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I have one I feel similar towards. But hes only almost 3 and he constantly whines and whining is mommys patiences kryptonite. He is also the one who is so much like me and I think it causes me to have high expectations of him...
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I didn't like my two year old very much yesterday, she was really acting a fool and screaming in the most shrill voice all day. I'm not sure what advice I can give you. *hugs* that must be tough on you both and I hope you can figure something out.
indymom72
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
3 moms liked this

I think we all feel that way sometimes.  My oldest is almost 14 and she is something.  Lots of attitude, sometimes when she rolls her eyes I fantasize about smacking her forehead. :)  It will get better. Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
He spends most of the day playing in his room because I can't deal. I get so relieved when he goes to his dad for the weekend and it's just me and the other kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I understand what you are saying. My daughter has schizophrenia. She becomes violent at times, has lied about serious things such as physical abuse, and had a written plan to kill me. She has spent most of the past year in a mental hospital, and is now home. I went to every visitation and every family therapy session. The hospital is over 200 miles away. I love her very much and want her to overcome this and have a great life. But I am leery of her, and at times cannot stand to be in the same room she is in. It's a very difficult feeling to experience.
I hope you are able to overcome this. Hugs to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I've felt this way for about 3 years now. I hate it. I wish I felt the same about him as I do my other kids, but I just don't. :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow I'm so sorry!!

Quoting Anonymous: I understand what you are saying. My daughter has schizophrenia. She becomes violent at times, has lied about serious things such as physical abuse, and had a written plan to kill me. She has spent most of the past year in a mental hospital, and is now home. I went to every visitation and every family therapy session. The hospital is over 200 miles away. I love her very much and want her to overcome this and have a great life. But I am leery of her, and at times cannot stand to be in the same room she is in. It's a very difficult feeling to experience.

I hope you are able to overcome this. Hugs to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)