Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women should be forced by law to breastfeed ~update~

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 669 Replies
3 moms liked this

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/health/fnc-committee-adds-breastfeeding-clause-to-uaes-child-rights-law

Every child has the right to breastfeed. Opinions?

I want to clear the air about this topic. 

1. This is a women's rights issue, not a bfing or ffing issue. Men in power telling women what to do with their bodies. 

2. I don't care whether you breast fed or formula fed. Both are fine. You don't need to explain why you did either, it's your right. This means you can choose to formula feed and you don't have to try bfing. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone and it doesn't make you selfish as some have said. 

3. I'm so sorry to have read so many stories about feeling guilty about ffing. FFing DOES NOT MAKE YOU A FAILURE! Or lazy...I'm not sure where that one came from. 

4. Of course, this law will never come about in the US. Come on.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
10 moms liked this
I agree! All my babes were exclusively breastfed! I loved it my babes are now in school & daycare and stay healthy while their formula fed peers are always sick!
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM
17 moms liked this

I am indifferent to how women choose to feed their kids. Also, I'm not concerned with the laws in other countries.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
24 moms liked this
I don't think that anyone should be forced to bf. What if they said that they wanted to force women to formula feed?
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
70 moms liked this

My TITS My CHOICE

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
26 moms liked this

This is just ridiculous.

I didn't breastfeed any of my 4 because I didn't WANT to.  They are all healthy, smart, and so on at 19, 20, 23, and 31.  It was bad enough being pregnant - I couldn't have taken another 2 years literally attached.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
8 moms liked this
This is as stupid as saying every child must be vaccinated. It's just ridiculous. My boobs, my choice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
10 moms liked this

Your baby deserves it. Why aren't you willing to do what is best for your newborn?

prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
7 moms liked this
I agree that is a human right to be breast fed and think all women should but the way to get that is not with a law to enforce it. It's through education and social change, making it desirable and acceptable. I do like the nursery in the work place part of the law, that's about it though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
5 moms liked this
not clicking that.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
23 moms liked this
It would be better if every one was more excepting on how women choose to feed their babies. If they want to formula feed the. That's cool if they want to Breastfeed then that's cool too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)