Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Store clerks correcting kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 575 Replies

I had to take my kids to a boutique today to exchange some of my elderly mother's presents. The place was a zoo and the exchanges were taking a long time. My boys (6 and 3) were running around in the not busy area that had woman's swim suits. 

A store clerk went over to them, even though I was 10 feet away and had been talking to them, and said "where's your parents? Stop running right now!" and glared at them. I went and got them, losing my place in line and asked her to please address me with any issues regarding my children. She just looked at me and said "fine, please make sure your children don't run, since it's inappropriate and disturbing other customers" and walked off.

I asked to speak to the owner, and apparently that's the owner's daughter. What do you think? Was she out of line in speaking to them?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM
163 moms liked this
No... She was not out of line. You were because your kids should have not been running around like that. Keep them under control or keep them at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM
19 moms liked this
No. You were out of line letting your children run around the store. They don't need to be crazy just because you didn't want to watch them in line
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM
35 moms liked this

I would have apologized to her. How embarrassing that a stranger had to step in.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM
9 moms liked this

if your kids had gotten hurt,i bet you would have raised a stink..

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
5 moms liked this
Your kids were running and you speaking to them wasn't stopping it. I can't say I blame the store clerk.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
6 moms liked this

no, control your heathens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
15 moms liked this
What was she supposed to do? Yell out "whose kids are these?" while trying to find who they belonged to?

Watch your own kids, then she wouldn't have had to say anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this
You shouldn't have been letting your kids run around.
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
6 moms liked this
I suggest you keep your kids in line amd since she didn't know where you where there is nothing wrong with corrrecting them since obviously you weren't going to.
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
No. It's their store.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)