Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Store clerks correcting kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had to take my kids to a boutique today to exchange some of my elderly mother's presents. The place was a zoo and the exchanges were taking a long time. My boys (6 and 3) were running around in the not busy area that had woman's swim suits. 

A store clerk went over to them, even though I was 10 feet away and had been talking to them, and said "where's your parents? Stop running right now!" and glared at them. I went and got them, losing my place in line and asked her to please address me with any issues regarding my children. She just looked at me and said "fine, please make sure your children don't run, since it's inappropriate and disturbing other customers" and walked off.

I asked to speak to the owner, and apparently that's the owner's daughter. What do you think? Was she out of line in speaking to them?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

No she wasn't out of line. If it is a health or safety hazard out in public, I feel they have a right to say something.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
9 moms liked this
I'd be mortified if someone had to discipline my children because I refused to do so!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
4 moms liked this

If you don't want people addressing your children you should watch them and be considerate of others. It's a boutique not the park. I think the employee was right to say something..

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM
4 moms liked this

Control your children. I cannot beleive you are angry at the clerk for correcting them and asking for a manager. My god lady.

Country_Momma89
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe you should teach your children how to properly act in public so others wouldn't have to correct them...

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have thrown your ass out of the store. Letting your children run around like monsters is not at all appropriate. And how exactly was she supposed to know they were your kids?

CafeMom Tickers
lalaboosh
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM
You were out of line. Running children can cause injuries to others. Der.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM
5 moms liked this

No, she wasn't out of line. 

If you had been properly supervising them she wouldn't have needed to say anything to them. The first thing she asked was where are your parents. How is she supposed to address you if she doesn't know who they are with?

StytchWytch
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM

No, I don't think she was out of line. You were allowing your children to run around being disruptive. 

mrs.pookiward
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I think you were out of line for not watching your kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)