Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Store clerks correcting kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had to take my kids to a boutique today to exchange some of my elderly mother's presents. The place was a zoo and the exchanges were taking a long time. My boys (6 and 3) were running around in the not busy area that had woman's swim suits. 

A store clerk went over to them, even though I was 10 feet away and had been talking to them, and said "where's your parents? Stop running right now!" and glared at them. I went and got them, losing my place in line and asked her to please address me with any issues regarding my children. She just looked at me and said "fine, please make sure your children don't run, since it's inappropriate and disturbing other customers" and walked off.

I asked to speak to the owner, and apparently that's the owner's daughter. What do you think? Was she out of line in speaking to them?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
MAXnBRYCESMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM
5 moms liked this
You were in the wrong. The cashier has every right to tell children to stop running to ensure the safety of other customers, ESPECIALLY when the parents dont. Its a store, not a playground.
tossed
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM

She was not out of line. If you had not stopped your children from running in a store, someone needed to. There have actually been a few kids who were killed because the racks fell on them when they were playing in a store. Sorry, you may not have liked her tone, but running in a store is a bad idea. They have to not only think about your children's safety, but also the safety of others and their liability insurance in the event of an accident. 

Bethsunshine
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, she was not out of line. If you had been parenting your own kids she wouldn't have had to say anything. What was she supposed to do? Let them tear up the store?
lalaboosh
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
9 moms liked this
I hope this is a troll post, because if not I'm sure you're very embarrassed to not be getting ANY validation WHAT SO EVER. Lmao.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that means control your little snowflake animals while you're in the store!  Seriously why is this so hard for some of you to understand?  A store is not the same as a playground!  Do your kids not like waiting in line?  Then don't take them with you!

tvsoccermom15
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Not at all.  Children shouldn't be running around in stores, whether it be in a busy area or not.  They could still be hurt.  

Parents who allow their children to act out like this in public places annoy me beyond words.  Teach them how to behave in public, or leave them home with a family member or a sitter.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
11 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: What was she supposed to do? Yell out "whose kids are these?" while trying to find who they belonged to?

Watch your own kids, then she wouldn't have had to say anything.

"Excuse me... excuse me... customers, who do these rowdy heathens belong to? I would like to address their behavior with the parent who isn't supervising them!"

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

She  was right. You were out of line. You don't get to set your kids loose to run around in a store.  They should be standing WITH you, or you go alone. 

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM
No she wasn't. You need to watch your kids and make sure they behave correctly in public.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM
4 moms liked this
Hahahaha! You're getting shredded!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN