Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do with his gifts??

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 46 Replies
So my stepson blew off Christmas with the family (he's 19) several of us messaged him telling him time, place, asking if he needed a ride, etc. and he ignored everyone... well now we have a pile of gifts and no idea what to do with them... he won't even give out his address so they can be dropped off (I believe its bc they're into drugs) The only address we know is his girlfriends parents, but would it be super weird to drop gifts off there?
Would you hold on to them til he contacted you or some other option I haven't thought of?
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I would return them.

ajrjj05
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

unwrap and return :)

CelestialSong
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Honestly, I'd return them. If you're holding on to gifts other people got for him, return them to the giver and they can decide what to do with them, and return whatever you got him to the store.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I would return them too. Or just stick em in a closet for next Christmas.
Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM
ya there's stuff from BIL, and MIL as well... with us its a few gift cards and toiletries so no worries on them getting re-used, but I just feel incredibly sad about it all

Quoting CelestialSong:

Honestly, I'd return them. If you're holding on to gifts other people got for him, return them to the giver and they can decide what to do with them, and return whatever you got him to the store.

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I would return them. 

LuckyLady0427
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

either donate or return. 

plumbobtoggle
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM

We're holding my 18 yr old DDs gifts hostage until she visits. She lives a few states away, and blew off an opportuniity for someone to bring her here for a few days. So no, we will not ship her presents to her, she can come and get them!

lunyuny
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Return or donate
tossed
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would hold on to them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)