Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"You just dont want to pay attention to your child"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

(I know some will bash or judge)  .that's what my mom said to me. Because when dd gets really whinny and just screams and i ignore her for a few. I pick her up if she doesnt stop in a few mins and if she cont while holding her i will put her down. I should call her pedi but i have no clue what is wrong with this child. For the past two weeks shes extremely whiny and  a lot and just wont sleep at night.  Im extremely tired and fed up. She has no fever no runny nose no pulling her eyes nothing wrong with her ears either. Im not sure what to tell the desk lady when i call to make an appointment. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gothicgypsy3
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Ha. I put my kids in their room and shut the door. My one yr old recently started throwing herself on the floor and kicking and screaming. I pick her up and put her in her room. When she stops I open the door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM
It's the holiday season. Routines and schedules are changed. There are a lot of exciting events. Therevare unusual foods causing bellyaches. There are lots of strange people wanting hugs. Kids get whiny when their lives are changed and need reassurance. She may just need some extra love and attention. It's pretty common in young kids at this time of year. My toddler has been really clingy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Nothing has changed and Christmas was like any other day except with gifts and she hasnt ate anything new. 

Quoting Anonymous: It's the holiday season. Routines and schedules are changed. There are a lot of exciting events. Therevare unusual foods causing bellyaches. There are lots of strange people wanting hugs. Kids get whiny when their lives are changed and need reassurance. She may just need some extra love and attention. It's pretty common in young kids at this time of year. My toddler has been really clingy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

15 months on jan 9th

Quoting Gothicgypsy3:

How old is she?

bakerytreatz16
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM
My 20 month old has recently started screaming like a banshee for no reason. When she does I tell her that I'm not doing anything with her until she stops the screaming.

Now with my dd, when she starts whining for no obvious reason it's usually becuase she's overly tired , so I make her to take a nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gothicgypsy3
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hmmm....I was going to say, maybe she's teething but its doubtful at that age. I don't think there's a reason to call a pedi. Kids sometimes are just more whiny than other times. She'll grow out of it soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

15 months on jan 9th

Quoting Gothicgypsy3:

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
That's still really little. You shouldn't be ignoring it.

Quoting Anonymous:

15 months on jan 9th

Quoting Gothicgypsy3:

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Is she getting enough attention?
ptkds
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Could be her 2-year molars.
But the best thing to do is step away for a few minutes and take a break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)