Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for the Atheist;

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 312 Replies
1 mom liked this
I see all of you say "I throw bibles away when they are given to my children because I don't want Christians shoving their religious agenda down their throats"

Isn't refusing your child to even own a bible pushing Atheism on your children? Do you give them the choice to explore Christianity or do not introduce them to anything but Atheism?

ETA: In the first line "I see a lot of you" instead of "I see all of you", for the technical touchy responders (;
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
U
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM

bump want to see where this goes lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I am not an Athiest, I am really not anything. My children probably don't even know what a bible or God is, for I've just never spoken about any of it. If they received a bible they would probably toss it aside themselves.

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My son has been exposed to many religions and believes in god. I want him to form his own beliefs. I doubt he even knows I'm atheist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM
So you're not going to reveal any kind of belief system to your children so that they can make their own choice?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not an Athiest, I am really not anything. My children probably don't even know what a bible or God is, for I've just never spoken about any of it. If they received a bible they would probably toss it aside themselves.

JealousGrrl
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I will let my kid check all that stuff out when she is old enough to understand it.
autodidact
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
17 moms liked this

I don't let them have other books that discuss rape, prostitution, infanticide and genocide, either. 

I will take them to any church, temple, synagogue or mosque in which they express and interest. 

Gypsy.Scribe
by Ravenclawesome on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Not an atheist, but if my child expressed an intrest in Christianity, or any religion, I won't keep that from my kids. But it has to be something they want, not something someone pushes on them (not saying that every time a bible is given to my kids religion is being pushed on them)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured