Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is my kids' reaction expected? For Christmas, my 5-yr old daughter

Posted by   + Show Post

had a three-level doll house that took my husband and me 4 hrs to assemble.  It is truly posh with an elevator, piano with sound, a pool and much furniture.  She has only played with it for a few times since Christmas day.  My son received a battery-powered car.  He once in a while remembers it.  When he gets in it, I can tell he truly enjoys it. Of course because of his age, I am holding the steering wheel while he puts his foot on the gas pedal.

I am surprised that they didn't want to play with their Christmas gift all the time.  Am I being over-sensitive?

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My kids got so many new toys, but yet my daughter still sits and plays with her nabi & my son pushes his old wooden trains around lol. They are 3&5.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. Sometimes we're more excited about the toy than the kid
Bekki
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Typical kids with short attention spans. Mine is the same. He got gifts he loves, but seems to forget about them. Then when reminded, he has so much fun with them.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Kids get easily distracted and are forgetful sometimes. I would try playing with her doll house to encourage her.
JingD
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM

That is very cute.

Quoting Anonymous: My kids got so many new toys, but yet my daughter still sits and plays with her nabi & my son pushes his old wooden trains around lol. They are 3&5.

JingD
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Aren't you right?!

Quoting weeping_angel: Yeah. Sometimes we're more excited about the toy than the kid

JingD
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Yep, the same for my kids.

Quoting Bekki:

Typical kids with short attention spans. Mine is the same. He got gifts he loves, but seems to forget about them. Then when reminded, he has so much fun with them.

JingD
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Playing together definitely helps.  My DD loves doing crafts.  She keeps herself busy all day.

Quoting jen2150: Kids get easily distracted and are forgetful sometimes. I would try playing with her doll house to encourage her.

withsecond
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:15 PM
I love dollhouses. The only reason I wanted any girls was to play with a dollhouse. lol. I have three boys though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:17 PM

She might not know HOW to play with it.  Get down with her and start playing.  She will zoom in very quick.  We found out with our kids that sometimes they needed to be shown how to play with it.  Needed to send their imagination into a certain direction.  Talk out loud as you are playing with it, make up a storyline.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN