Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She bought my DD WHAT?!?!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:02 AM
  • 413 Replies
1 mom liked this

Saturday my kids had their Christmas with their dad & his mom, sister, sister's fiancee, ex's GF, & their 2yo DS (our kids are 14, 12, 10, & 4). 

When I went to pick them up the kids wanted to show me what all they got. But exMIL keeps her house dark so I couldn't see anything at all so I told the kids to wait until we got home.

Well 12yo DD starts laughing as she is showing me her things & pulls out this neon pink TRAINING BRA! I asked her who got it for her & she says her Aunt did! I was appauld! I text her Aunt immediately & asked what she was thinking! I said "DD has no boobs to begin with so she doesn't even need this. Let alone a NEON PINK one! She can't wear it with anything at all!" At first she replied with "Yeah she can.... under something black!" to which I said "NO she CAN'T because I refuse to let her wear it since she doesn't even need it!" She replied that she thought DD said she had some already & must have misunderstood. I said no she does, they are 14yo's hand me downs BUT 12yo DD has no boobs so she doesn't wear them. Not to mention MAMMA should be buying her the first bra NOT someone else who barely knows her (only sees the kids on holidays). She apologized & said she would take it back. I ended up telling her for future reference... when it comes to intimates check with Mamma first!

Do you think it was inappropriate for the Aunt to be buying a training bra for someone who she doesn't really know & who doesn't need it? (She did see her at Thanksgiving so it's not like she thought maybe she had something to put in them... my DD doesn't even have the slightest hint of boobs at this point whereas her older sister has had them since she was 10).

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:04 AM
184 moms liked this
You way overreacted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:05 AM
26 moms liked this

I think it was an honest mistake on the Aunt's part.  I think you have a valid point that you, as Mom, should be buying the first bras.

I think at this point, it is best to accept that Aunt apologized and is returning the bra, and then thank her for the understanding and try to move forward in a positive light.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM
22 moms liked this
I think you overreacted. She is 12. It's time to start thinking about a training bra. I'm sure the aunt didn't mean any harm
Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I think any 12 year old should be wearing one. However, that's usually something mom's buy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM
25 moms liked this

I think it was innapropriate for you to complain about the gift.

Honestly, you could have just thrown it away or told your dd that she doesn't need it for a few years.

Why make a big deal over this?

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
2 moms liked this

NOT when she has no hint of boobs.... if she did I wouldn't think twice about a training bra. 

Quoting Anonymous: I think you overreacted. She is 12. It's time to start thinking about a training bra. I'm sure the aunt didn't mean any harm

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Way to overreact.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:11 AM
3 moms liked this
You were rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Quoting CampClan:

NOT when she has no hint of boobs.... if she did I wouldn't think twice about a training bra. 

Quoting Anonymous: I think you overreacted. She is 12. It's time to start thinking about a training bra. I'm sure the aunt didn't mean any harm

Some girls wear them at that age with no boobs. That's why they make flat training bras. I had one before I had boobs. I started needing a bra when I was 9, but I had small boobs at that age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Rude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)