Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you ever catch your kids smoking pot?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

As I was putting 16 yr old sons clothes away I found a baggie with two joints in it.  Anybody else find out their kids smoked pot and what did you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grnhsegoddess
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I found out my daughter smoked when she was about 15. I just asked her why she was smoking, if she was sad or being pressured. She said controls her anxiety (which I believe, it's part of the reason I smoke) and helps her sleep they the night (terrible insomnia) so I was okay with it. She didn't carry it on her or do it at school, so it's not like she was just out partying all the time. I did tell her, on the other hand, that if I ever found out she was drinking or smoking cigarettes shed have a hell of a problem. She's 18 now, graduated no problem, has a job...weeds not the end of the world :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I never got caught by my mother but one of my sisters caught me. She just said don't do it in the house. There wasn't much else she could say because most of my family are avid pot smokers and never tried to hide it from us. The first weed I smoked was a joint my mom left hanging around. I don't smoke anymore.

ViviAnne43
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I"d much rather my teens smoke a joint than drink alcohol.  If they aren't doing it everyday and just use it to relax occasionally I don't have a problem with it, as long as they do it at home.   I've smoked since I was a teen, so I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM

No my dd 18 knows better, and dd 14 havent caught ( so dont know), but I have seen my 21 yr old niece post pics on facebook, of her and my 16 yr old nephew smoking a bowl.  I called her on it and made her take it down.

sburger315
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Nope, but I caught my mother(: lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

no, they caught ME!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:04 AM

BUMP!

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Well shes 10, so no, not yet lol

ViviAnne43
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:05 AM

I know that feeling.

Quoting Anonymous:

no, they caught ME!!

elfling811
by Niki on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Not yet, but she is only 5. I smoked it for the first time with my mom when I was about 25. She smoked my whole life, so it was never a big deal in our house. She always told me that if I ever wanted to try it, to just ask her. So when I was 25 and married 4 years, we were visiting for Christmas and got baked together.

One of my favorite times with my mom after I became an adult.

I won't be encouraging DD to smoke it. But, I will teach her that it has medicinal uses. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)