Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your able to shoot an intruder in your house with a gun it's not stored properly

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 177 Replies
Everyone knows guns are to be kept locked in a gun safe with ammo locked up seperate somewhere else.Your asking for trouble when not if your kids finds your loaded gun and either shoots himself or someone with it by accident.
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM
33 moms liked this
Our gun is loaded and ready in a safe next to our bed with only fingerprint reader. Kids can't get to it.

What's the point of having guns for protection if you'll die trying to load it....
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM
14 moms liked this

Please stop posting about dumb things. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM
8 moms liked this

First mine is loaded and out of ds's reach. Second he knows not to touch. Its a matter of teaching kids to respect a wepon. I don't exspect others to understand but I was raised with guns in the house and I never touched it with our an adult. Sorry I am going to protect my family. I will not let someone come in and hurt us.

Rh1annaa
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM
If its all properly stored, I see no problem with it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM
4 moms liked this

If you can say that the you have never owned one.....ours is locked in a safe and the ammo seperate.  I can get to that gun and load it in 15 sec.  You go ahead and tell me that mine isn't safe.

BTW the kids that are finding and shooting other kids with guns have probably NEVER been taught gun safety.  My girls know what one looks like, they know what they are to do if the locate one and they know how to check to see it is loaded without causing anyone harm.

There are many many responsible gun owners in this world.  My house happens to be one of those homes where gun safety is recurring education.

jenaree
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM

All of our guns are locked in a safe with the key hidden

abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Shoot*
And wouldn't that negate the purpose of even having the gun in the first place?
Keep the gun in a place the kid can't get to until they are old enough to understand what it is used for and how to properly use it.
My 5 year old knows we don't point guns at people and also knows not to touch guns without an adult there. Its not hard to teach that
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this

We keep two loaded guns in two seperate biometric safes.

Our son was taught respect and handling of a weapon.

our two other guns that we dont use are unloaded in another safe. but the ammo is also in there.

Sorry if some people don't want to take the time, and energy and money to handle things.

jenaree
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I want one of those safes for my parents. We don't have handguns but they do and they watch our daughter quite often. How do you like it?

Quoting jb0520: Our gun is loaded and ready in a safe next to our bed with only fingerprint reader. Kids can't get to it.

What's the point of having guns for protection if you'll die trying to load it....

skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM
It's easy to teach.When that same kid wants to show off when your not around, hey we have guns seemed like a good idea at the time I'm sure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN