Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM OR BE A WM?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies

So my husband just got a job promotion and he is making plenty of money to support the household and our two kids. I have a 6 yr old son who is in school full time, and a daughter who is 2 years old who is in daycare full time while I work as a preschool teacher at the same school she is in daycare at.

My husband and I were talking last night weather or not I should work or stay at home since he got the promtion and makes enough money now for me to be a sahm. I hate leaving my two year old everyday and she screams bloody murder everytime I leave her.

What would you do if you were in my situation?

I hate to disappoint my employer because they were JUST talking about promoting me to be an assistant director and gave me keys to the building...so there is kind of alot of pressure to just up and quit.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

bump

2blessed2bitch
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

STAY HOME!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I'm thinking that's the route to take.

I'm not sure what to tell my employer though lol.

Quoting 2blessed2bitch:

STAY HOME!  

Beebella
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Wold you be able to go back when your DD is older? I decided to stay home and it's the best decision. But I didn't have opportunity for growth at my old job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I'm not sure. I just need some advice on what I should tell my employer..

Quoting Beebella: Wold you be able to go back when your DD is older? I decided to stay home and it's the best decision. But I didn't have opportunity for growth at my old job.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Could you work part time instead?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Stay home! I'd do it if I had the choice. Instead DH stays home since I make enough for our household. But I do believe It's better if one parent can be home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I could, but it wouldn't be worth it considering I have to pay 400 a month in childcare for my dd

Quoting AubreeGrace17: Could you work part time instead?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I think my mind is pretty much set..the hard part is telling my boss...not sure what to say exactly.

Quoting Anonymous: Stay home! I'd do it if I had the choice. Instead DH stays home since I make enough for our household. But I do believe It's better if one parent can be home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)