Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Can't Believe What I Saw At The Mall-Shameful

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

IDK if this is a common thing or not, but this was the first time I had ever seen this.

I was at the mall and I saw a little girl, maybe about 8, in a box.

The back of the box was open for air. The girl was just standing there, not moving, having the same expression every time I walked by.

Next to her was I assume her Mom or an adult trying to get parents to get their kids to model.

I've heard of using mannequins, but using your own kid? And forcing them to stay, in a box, same expression, for hours on end?

What the actual fuck?

You can't tell me this kid liked that. What kid likes staying still for hours on end (and we were there for hours) with the same expression, not moving, etc? I walked by quite a few times and she was there each time, a real kid, not a made to look real mannequin, standing there in the same way every time. I know she was a real kid because I asked the lady standing next to the boxed child and she said it was.

I would never, ever make my child do that. Ever.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
OvenInUse
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM
My husband actually was one of those kids back in the late 1980s to 90s. He started as a an Osh Gosh baby and then moved on as he got older. When he was around 13 he did mall modeling for several companies like Eddie Bauer but he wasn't standing in a box. He actually stood in the display windows or in front of the store. He also did print work. His mom put the money in a college fund for him and he was able to pay tuition with no worries. He said it was a great experience and he was lucky to be able to pay his way through college. He is not damaged by his experience. Also, he said it was in 30 minute increments. He said they didn't stand there for hours on end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Meh
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Thats pretty neat actually

Quoting OvenInUse: My husband actually was one of those kids back in the late 1980s to 90s. He started as a an Osh Gosh baby and then moved on as he got older. When he was around 13 he did mall modeling for several companies like Eddie Bauer but he wasn't standing in a box. He actually stood in the display windows or in front of the store. He also did print work. His mom put the money in a college fund for him and he was able to pay tuition with no worries. He said it was a great experience and he was lucky to be able to pay his way through college. He is not damaged by his experience. Also, he said it was in 30 minute increments. He said they didn't stand there for hours on end.

OvenInUse
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
He jokes that his modeling "career" was over at 15 when he started getting that awkward look. He wasn't as cute as he was as a kid. Lol! He says it was a neat experience and he enjoyed it. I wish I had been a cute kid model. I am the one still paying student loans!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats pretty neat actually

Quoting OvenInUse: My husband actually was one of those kids back in the late 1980s to 90s. He started as a an Osh Gosh baby and then moved on as he got older. When he was around 13 he did mall modeling for several companies like Eddie Bauer but he wasn't standing in a box. He actually stood in the display windows or in front of the store. He also did print work. His mom put the money in a college fund for him and he was able to pay tuition with no worries. He said it was a great experience and he was lucky to be able to pay his way through college. He is not damaged by his experience. Also, he said it was in 30 minute increments. He said they didn't stand there for hours on end.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)