Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daycare or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 245 Replies

I am thinking about going back to work part time to help supplement our income. But the thought of putting my son in daycare makes me so sad! He is only 16 months old. For those moms that have a child in daycare, did you have a positive experience?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

bump!

Anonymous

bump!

Anonymous

bump!

baquick
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I have had DS in daycare since he was 8 weeks old. I love my provider. I use an inhome provider that is certified.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this

I put my child into daycare part-time so she could have social interaction with other children and build up her social skills, get used to being with other care-givers beside myself in preparation for schooling, and learn accountability and responsibility for herself and her actions when her parents are not there to guide and defend her.

of course, at 16 months these don't really apply, but helping him to have a more comfortable life by supplementing your income is not a bad thing at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

that must of been so sad leaving him at such a young age! 

Quoting baquick: I have had DS in daycare since he was 8 weeks old. I love my provider. I use an inhome provider that is certified.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM
6 moms liked this

You have to see how much you will make after you pay for daycare and gas. Daycare is very expensive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM

how old was your child when you put her in daycare?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I put my child into daycare part-time so she could have social interaction with other children and build up her social skills, get used to being with other care-givers beside myself in preparation for schooling, and learn accountability and responsibility for herself and her actions when her parents are not there to guide and defend her.

of course, at 16 months these don't really apply, but helping him to have a more comfortable life by supplementing your income is not a bad thing at all.

Chunkymunkey922
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I started sending dd to a licensed in home dc (she used to run a full center but downsized into her home) when she was about 13 months.

It has been amazing to her. Before then she wasn't sleeping through the night yet. Within a week she was on a normal sleep schedule. She loves her dc and she is thriving there. The only time she cries is if she doesn't feel good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)