Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been a bad week for the men in my family

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 10 Replies

A week and a half a go my brother had to go the ER.. He was insanely sick and in so much pain. When it came down to it they admitted him. They said he had an infection in his stomach and put him on antibiotics. Two days later they find that he had a perf in his bowels (small intestines) they planned one surgery and they took him in and found that he had three perfs and they had to give him a colostomy bag.. I was in tears the whole time. We live far apart and I love my brother so much. He was my guardian as a kid, he protected me, shielded me from the beatings and never looked down on me in my life. 

Yesterday, I get a call from my dad.. Saying he is not feeling well. He is a diabetic and has had parts of his feet amputated due to his diabetes. Well he went in and his blood sugar was 550 and he has an infection in 57% of one of his feet... Lord, what am I to do.. I feel so helpless. I live far from both of them and I am the only other child. I feel like I am not being a good sister/daughter. I call very frequently and text but to me I still feel like I am not doing what I should be.....

So sad... I love my guys~

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustMeKat
by Kat on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I'm sorry Hon hugs

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Thanks sweetie....

Quoting JustMeKat:

I'm sorry Hon hugs

JustMeKat
by Kat on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Is that your kitten in your avi she looks like mine :)

Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

Thanks sweetie....

Quoting JustMeKat:

I'm sorry Hon hugs

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Yep, that is my little pain in the butt.. Her name is Lucky Ducky.. SPoiled bratty girl!

Quoting JustMeKat:

Is that your kitten in your avi she looks like mine :)

Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

Thanks sweetie....

Quoting JustMeKat:

I'm sorry Hon hugs

JustMeKat
by Kat on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Your kitten when she grows up

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Awww, if she lives that long... haha, she is a doll. They are cute. She actually answers to Baby keekee..

Quoting JustMeKat:

JustMeKat
by Kat on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:37 AM

The grey cat is Jack an my little girl is Rose (Titanic kitties)

Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

Awww, if she lives that long... haha, she is a doll. They are cute. She actually answers to Baby keekee..

Quoting JustMeKat:

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM

These are my brats... The orange one who is called fuzzy is camera shy... He runs like the wind!!! lol

Quoting JustMeKat:

The grey cat is Jack an my little girl is Rose (Titanic kitties)

Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

Quoting JustMeKat:

JustMeKat
by Kat on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM

We have had a barn cat for 3 yrs an I have only been able to get one pic of here talk about running like the wind lol !!

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol, my elusive cat is a love too.. He does not let anyone hold him but me.. I feel so loved

Quoting JustMeKat:

We have had a barn cat for 3 yrs an I have only been able to get one pic of here talk about running like the wind lol !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)