Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freakin rose colored glasses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
A while back some one made a post about being either ugly or fat.

Well... I'm both. I'm not saying it so people will tell me compliments or anything.... I'm just laying a background for my post.

Growing up, even the nicer kids in school would tell me to go away because I disgusted them. I was fat and ugly then. I moved around a lot and got nick names like gonzo, thunder thighs, big mama, bertha, krusty kerplop (a play on my name)... repeatedly at numerous schools the same or similar names.

I've just learned to deal with it because I can't change the ugly part and the weight would only fix so much... even my bones are big and manly and I couldn't afford to manage the excess skin at this point anyway.

So point taken... I'm just plain ugly.

But... I found a husband. His love for me amazes me. I'm sitting around in baggy jeans, a plain tshirt over a saggy bra, and a duck dynasty hat. And he comes out of the room and gives me that look...the one that says he likes what he sees...

I don't understand how...but DH really thinks I'm cute and sexy...all thanks to his rose colored glasses and that he just 100% adores me.

I wish everyone had this kind of love.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imakehimscream
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Awe that's sweet
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Maybe you're beautiful in the most important way......

heavenV
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
good for you... :) lots.of pretty girls out there dont have what you have... a loving husband. what a blessing...
WhitmanT455
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Kids can be so mean, I'm sure you're not so awful!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Some people can see the beauty in anyone. I don't care how big you are, I'm sure you're very beautiful.
Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:30 AM

:O)~  some men are awesome.      I was lucky in love also.  I could have worn a sack over my head, grown a beard, and had no teeth, and he wouldn't have cared, it was about something much deeper!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:32 AM
You are beautiful, to the most important man in the world.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Exactly... this man would love me if I sprouted sixteen heads.

Quoting Mocha.Maya.Me:

:O)~  some men are awesome.      I was lucky in love also.  I could have worn a sack over my head, grown a beard, and had no teeth, and he wouldn't have cared, it was about something much deeper!

chamamahaha
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Are they rose colored lens or the frames? And is it a more or a red or pink?
CByxbe
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Aw sweet. Dh does that too me a lot and I feel I look like crap. I know he would go after me more if I stopped talking crap about myself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)