• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your baby have any complications after birth?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

Mine did and Im thinking about it tonight really for the first time since because it scared me so much. Postpartum after a hard labor, while my baby boy was nursing he took himself off the breast, started to cry with no sound, turned beet purple. The look on his face honestly makes me want to cry right now.  Hes now only 2 months old and so adorable laying by me. I couldn't imagine if something would have happened and they didn't get his sats back up and breathing good again. The nurse got there right away after I paged her.  Her last words to me were page me the minute you notice any skin color changes.  She was the one who showed me how to latch him, practically smooshed his face on my breast though, ;/  At first we had a strong feeling it was his nose but werent completely sure, as he was desatting while crying too in the beginning. Turned out since he was a meconium baby they had to suction out his nose with tubes, which ended up causing a lot of swelling. He went to the nicu to be monitored and got steroid drops for his nose. He ended up doing well even while nursing and is still nursing great, all respiratory issues gone but it took about a month for all the mucus and stuffy nose to go away. He's my one and only boy. Im thankful he's here with me and it was a simple reason for all of it. 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UnFFnStoppable4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
My first son had a rough birth. He came out sunny side and it took me an hour and a half to push him out. He was purple and it took a few minutes for him to cry. But he was fine after that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:36 AM
My DD was allergic to her formula and developed NEC (I nursed her until she was 1 week old, found out I wasn't producing milk so doctor put her on formula). She was misdiagnosed 3 times and ended up passing away at 2 weeks old. After they removed part of her liver, bowel, small intestine and most of her large intestine due to the disease killing it!
AMCMSM
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Thankfully neither of my girls did. Dd2 will have cleft lip repair surgery in about 6-8 weeks. She will be about 3 months and I am already having anxiety.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:44 AM
My last did. He was a 26 weeker and of course ended up in nicu but at 2 weeks, he had a bowel perforation and underwent a resection and ostomy bags, all of which has been reversed. He's 10 now.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Nope.
She was a picture of health.
I'm guessing child birth wasn't as rough on.her as it was me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Dd1 was diagnosed with a rare CHD around 4 days old.
Ds is fine.
Dd 2 is fine.
Dd3 has an ASD- found around 2 weeks old.
tossed
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this

My younger son took only 1 slight breath after he was delivered. He was in acute respiratory distress and developed metabolic acidosis and jaundice. He spent over a week in the NICU. He was anemic for a few months and has always had respiratory issues.....he is now 20 and a certified respiratory therapist. His life of breathing issues has led him to this career. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:11 AM
My first was a meconium baby and took a while to breath, his one minute apgar was only 4, but he was fine after that. My second was a meconium baby too but she was crying before they got her to the warmer. They were both big and sturdy so I think that really helped, they were both more like three month old babies than frail newborns.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:20 AM
With my first we both ran a slight fever.
With my second i had umbilical cord prolapse, she died a week later.
My third is perfectly healthy.
jackestler
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Mine had jaundice stayed under the lights fir 48 hours
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)