Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2014 Goals? If you can stick to a goal.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

So, I want to set some goals but am having a hard time keeping it real.  Here are my goals: 

1. Learn more Spanish (non-Spanish speaking Hispanic right here)
2. Exercise.  I currently do it in spurts. 
3. Time Management. I'm starting from square one.  No joke. 
4. Save some money.  I have none.  

These are all great goals, but what makes them so hard is that I'm a single working mom.  My ex-husband is involved, so I'm not doing it entirely alone.  During the week, I'm home at 6pm.  For the next 1.5-2 hours, I'm spending time with my kids, eating dinner, doing house chores, and getting them ready for bed and in bed.  By the time that is done, IF I do it in the desired amount of time and don't go over, I'm wiped!!  I'm always tired.  I can't get my ass out of bed in the morning.  So I'm always running late.  I feel I'm being a bad influence on my kids about how I manage time. :/  How am I supposed to find time to work out?  To read?  How can use my time better?  And saving?  I don't even know what that feels like.  I pay all my bills. But the little I have left gets used up.  Here and there.  Some things necessary and some things not. 

Any advice on setting reasonable goals?  Any successful experiences with setting meeting goals?  What are your 2014 goals?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Make your goals attainable, measurable with a time limit. I have not set mine yet but they will pertain to my karate class and fitness goals. I run a homeschool co-op and will be teaching a creative math class for 8 weeks starting January 10th. I need to be finished with my syllabus by this Friday. I plan on having my prep work done by next Thursday. I have some organization goals this week to finish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Keep my calender organized.

Get life insurance.

Clean up credit report. And establish credit.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  1. Be more patient.
  2. Clean up my potty mouth.
  3. Get fit, and shed a few pounds. 
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Bump
beerabitch69
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)