Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids have more.....?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
In the after glow of Christmas my DH & I were talking about our own childhoods and how we though our kids childhood compares.
DH and I both grew up lower income families.

We both had less toys than what our children do, which is why I think we make sure have lots of toys.
Do your kids have more or less toys than you did as a child?

******I actually just mean toys*******
Not electronics--
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Bump?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
We are similar to your story.
Cozie_Sisika458
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
About the same. I didn't grow up poor and my parents had 4 kids. And our Christmases were full of good food and presents and love. I do the same for my kids.
waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids defintiely have more. My mother did not believe children needed a lot of toys. Most of the things we did have were things we either had given to us used or we found them.

meanlilchick
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Way more then we did.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish I had a fraction of what DD has when I was growing up...

And as long as there is breath in my body, she'll always be spoiled...
mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM
They have more... but I don't know if it's cause I got less or because my mother was constantly throwing out shit away whether or not we played with it...
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine has more toys, but she also has more family than I did- aunts/uncles, friends who give gifts...  I was pretty poor, too. I spent most of my time outside as a kid. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM

They actually don't have more stuff, even though I grew up very poor, they have a better life.  We own multiple homes, they go to private schools, they go on vacations and excursions and get to live a lot more than I ever did.  My husband grew up VERY wealthy, but his parents were also like us, minimalists.  They had what they needed and a couple of things that they wanted, but nothing to excess and they lived a great life rather than acquiring a lot of stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM
My daughters have more toys than my husband and I had as children. We can afford to buy more and better toys, but we don't get them. I know that having more toys won't make them better children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)