Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think DD's been stealing UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Thongs. We've agreed that DD14  will not own thongs until she can buy them herself. I buy her good quality panties. She owns no pants that show panty lines - requiring thongs - so we've agreed they aren't a necessity for US to be paying for. It's what we did with DD17 - and it worked. So DD17 comes to me and says 'mom. I have a kinda weird problem. I own four thongs and two are missing. They were on the line yesterday and now they're gone". (DD17 does her own laundry) We were concerned because first we thought we had a neighbour stealing underwear, then DD brought up that DS12 had a friend over that could have taken them - but DS said that he was with his friend the whole time until his mom picked him up and that it wasn't possible. DD14 was out during this conversation; but it didn't occour to me that it COULD be her. Apparently it occoured to DD17 - so she snuck in to DD14's room and searched it - and found at least TEN pairs of thongs - including the 2 from DD17. So what should we do now? She's still out (it's only 4.30pm where we are btw) so we've got about 3 hours until she gets back. Help?

UPDATE: So - I did what several moms suggested and layed the thongs in a box under the table waiting for DD to get home. Although I informed DH of the stealing situation - we decided it was in DD's best interests NOT to have DH involved in the confrontation. She walked into the room and saw me sitting at the table with the light on and a cup of tea and sat down chatting about her day. I listened, asked a few questions and then put my mug down and leaned forward and told her about DD17's thongs going missing. Her eyes went wide and she said "Wow that's creepy". I asked her if she knew anything. She shook her head 'no'. I gave her one more chance and she still denied it. I took the two thongs from the top of the box and put them on the table. I explained to her that DD17 found them - and yes she WAS being punished for sneaking into DD14's room - but I was more concerned with the fact that she was stealing people's UNDERWEAR. She rolled her eyes and said "They were clean mom - and beside's they're DD17's. There's no risk in that." So I pulled the box onto the table and asked her if she wanted to tell me where the other 8 pairs came from. She went BRIGHT red and said that wasn't my business. I explained to her that all I NEEDED to know was were they bought for her or did she steal them? She maintained that it wasn't my business and attempted to walk out of the kitchen. I stopped her and asked her for her cell phone (I have all her passwords already) and told her that because of her defensiveness and her unwillingness to talk, that she is now banned from all her social media and that I would be conducting a 'mom' investigation - so if there was anything on her social media she was keeping from us -she had one chance to tell me before I dove in. She glared at me told me I was a bitch and then went to bed. So - feel free to add, but she is grounded until she either confesses or until I find out where she got the thongs from; and an additional grounding for calling me a bitch. DH is plugging DD's phone into the computer to retrieve all her texts and I'm going through her social media as I type. Already DH has found three messages off girls that seem to point to DD14 stealing the thongs. One says "This is going to sound really crazy -but I can't find my purple thong and the last time I saw it was when I showed it to you. Do you remember where I put it?"

Oh and to all the moms saying 'just buy her a thong'. We're not rewarding her immediately with the underwear because I feel she doesn't deserve it with her current attitude. We're australian and the legal age to work MOST jobs is 14 and 9 months - so she doesn't have that long to wait; but we've agreed that she can do some chores and work for family and EARN a thong if she so badly desires one. So - any thoughts/punishment ideas/etc?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM
She broke your rules, she pays the price. I think you should take the ones she has also. I'd punish her.

My mom let me wear thongs at that age.. But if she would've said no, and I'd have snuck them, I'd have been in trouble.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM

idk momma..heres a bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell her you found the thongs and want to know why she stole from her sister and where she got the rest of the thongs from

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
just have them waiting in a pile on the table.....(on a towel or something)when she walks in her face should be priceless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
oh and does she do things to earn money so she could have possibly bought them herself?? xtra yardwork...babysitting...you said if she could buy em, she could have em...that needs to be taken into account....but regardless...she DID steal her older sisters....so she needs to be held accountable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally, I'd ask if she knows where her sisters thongs are.... if she admits, the punishment won't be as bad.... If she lies, she'll bee punished for stealing from her sister AND lying.... I'd show her the proof (all the thongs)... and expect an explanation. She lies- more punishment. Granted, there'll be more punishment for stealing from other people/stores.... we'd also talk about how damn nasty that is!

She also wouldn't be trusted and EVERYTHING about her would be monitored
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Id address the stealing and punish that but not the thing use.

Thongs are just more comfortable for some of us.
mommyhonu
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

10 pairs?! Holy Cow! Where did she get the other 8 pairs?!

If it were me I'd collect the evidence and place it on the table so when she gets home and sees it I'd be sitting there waiting for an explanation. As far as what kind of trouble I wouldn't know what to do. I'd kind of wing it and see how she replies now that she's busted. But then again, I only have boys. 

Tiff_R_92
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM
This.

My parents caught me with stuff I wasn't supposed have one time and they did the same thing.
I walked and instantly knew I was in deep shit. No way of talking myself out of that.

Quoting caligirl7613: just have them waiting in a pile on the table.....(on a towel or something)when she walks in her face should be priceless.
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM

I certainly would not let her keep them and she would be punished. She should be required room search until she decides to follow the rules. That is what I would do.

I agree with you though, if she wants custom, special, brand name she can get a job and buy it herself. My teen it was the same way only she had no one to steal from including me LOL I hate the damn things.

But ya my teen got a job and bought her own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)