Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fat ruins my life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I HATE being fat. I know it is my fault. I am weak. I am always, always stressed out and I emotionally eat. I am addicted to sugar. I eat dessert after every meal. It is my choice to stuff my face and ruin my body. It is so bad and has made me so self conscious. I refuse to be around friends children because I know kids may say something mean unintentionally about my weight and I cannot take it. It is so bad that if my father died tomorrow I would stay at home for the funeral because I wouldn't want relatives to see how let myself gain. That is an all new low Afraid to face relatives at a parents funeral. I don't buy junk. But my dad stops in after work. He works at an Italian restaurant and brings home carb dinners. He'll also bring me cupcakes, doughnuts, candy bars, sodas. So will friends stopping by to say hello or the neighbors. Everyone loves to make sure I have a sweet because they know it makes me happy. I need help before this gets bad and I hit 300lbs. I don't even know where to start. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I don't even eat sweets but I still have a fat problem. :-(

I found a work out dvd that I'm gonna try. It's probably 5 years old lol (was my mom's)... good luck on your journey.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
  1. Tell friends and family "thank you but no thank you" in regards to sweets, carb loaded meals, etc.
  2. Relora and St Johns Wort helps with depression and also reducing stress thus reducing emotional eating
  3. keep trigger foods/meals out of the house and only healthy snack foods
  4. Reduce your carbs overall
  5. Start slow with exercise such as walking, swimming, dancing, etc.
  6. Lift weights because muscle burns more calories than fat even when at rest
  7. switch to healthy alternatives or find ways to reduce their caloric density when making comfort foods.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:10 AM

ALWAYS REMEMBER: You did not gain it overnight and you will not lose it overnight!

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:
  1. Tell friends and family "thank you but no thank you" in regards to sweets, carb loaded meals, etc.
  2. Relora and St Johns Wort helps with depression and also reducing stress thus reducing emotional eating
  7. switch to healthy alternatives or find ways to reduce their caloric density when making comfort foods.

YOU HAVE TO REALLY DECIDE, YOU ARE GOING TO IMPROVE YOURSELF.

Take control. You can do it.

TOP RIGHT, DO A GROUP SEARCH, for help .♥♥♥♥♥ hugs

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm an emotional eater too. I don't think people really get how difficult habits like that are to break. I'm trying right now myself. Good luck
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I started karate and it saved my life. Gave me the discipline that I needed. Good luck and don't give up. Pick a plan you can live with something reasonable. Start small. Exercise is a wonderful substitute for sugar.
boricua3177
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Ugh!  I can so relate to you!!  I need to lose 75lbs so that I can get back into my size 8s.  I just joined Weight Watchers with a girlfriend from work so we can keep each other accountable.  I am joining a gym on Friday when I get paid so that I have access to excercise equipment & fitness classes.  I don't buy sweets to keep in my house.  My DH loves processed, unhealthy, junk food....he can eat that by himself.  I always feed my baby & myself nice simple clean eating meals.  So far so good for me.  But I need to get healthier, I want to be a good example for my daughter.

You can do it!!!  I have become quite a hermit myself because I don't want to run into people I haven't seen in a long time.  This is the last year I will be fat....I am so over it!

momto3B
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM

There are many ways you can start but I think what you really need is some emotional support. Have you tried joining Weight Watchers or Overeaters Annoymous? YGp to a meeting in your area, you are not alone and your journey back to physical and mental health should not be embarked on alone. 

All the best and keep us posted. 

12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM

i saved some zumba and yoga workouts i found on youtube last night. they're quick so i can fit them in whenever. you should go look for a few 10min workouts that you think you'd like to try.

also, throw the stuff out that he brings. save the meals and just use portion control to keep the weight off, but trash the sweets. i love polar flavored seltzers when i want a tasty fizzy beverage.

JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM

This, and I would keep lots of healthy protein and healthy fats on hand for meals and snacks.  It's more difficult to make an excuse and eat unhealthy when you have prepared chicken breast or fish sitting in your fridge.  I'd also keep loads of fresh veggies and berries on hand for when you are craving something sweet.  I would aim to cut the sugar and snacks cold turkey.  It will be torture the first week or so as your body detoxes from all that but it will be really easy to stay off them once you develop a healthier pattern of eating.  I would also give yourself lots of positive kudos for the changes you are making. Have conservations with yourself about how good it feels to eat clean, think about how good it is for your body, think about how good muscle soreness from exercise feels.  Think about how good you will feel once you lose the weight and feel better physically.  You'll find once you get a new routine it is really hard to fall back into eating poorly, because you will physically feel like crap.  I would also keep a food log and track calories, protein, carbs, and fats to make sure you are staying in range.  Even consider seeing a nutritionist who specializes in weight loss.  They can do a meal plan, give you lots of good education around food substititions and nutrition in general, and help you to feel like you have a partner to support you.  If you cannot see a nutritionist, many health plans offer better health or weight management programs you might be able to take advantage of.  The company I work for has excellant dieticians and exercise physiologists.  You should definitly take advantage of this if you have it available to you. 

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)