Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ladies with netflix, i need your opinion!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • 25 Replies
Thinking about getting netflix and getting rid lf our satellite tv. We currently have directv. Is netflix better than satellite?? Will read the replies in the morning!
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:14 AM
2 moms liked this
It depends in your needs. I find netflix to be short on anything I actually want to watch movie wise and not current on tv shows.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:16 AM
This. Ive ran out of things to watch that interest me.

Quoting Momniscient: It depends in your needs. I find netflix to be short on anything I actually want to watch movie wise and not current on tv shows.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Netflix has whole seasons on shows and good movies. I miss the recent episodes of shows too so we also got hulu for recent episodes of things like greys anatomy, svu, etc.
Still, the both of them together is way cheaper than direct tv
sillytroll
by Teehee on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I don't and have never had satellite. I love netflix though, but I use cable and netflix. It's great for movies, not so great for shows, as in shows that are airing now.

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM
This is a good point

Quoting Anonymous: Netflix has whole seasons on shows and good movies. I miss the recent episodes of shows too so we also got hulu for recent episodes of things like greys anatomy, svu, etc.

Still, the both of them together is way cheaper than direct tv
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Why don't you do the 30 day free trial before cancelling satellite?

Metal13Mama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Yes definitely it depends on your needs and wants. Netflix is preferable for me because I don't watch TV often and so cable/dish are a huge waste of money for me. But as others have suggested, it can run out of good shows at times, so you should consider that.
beerabitch69
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 AM

me too

Quoting Anonymous: This. Ive ran out of things to watch that interest me.

Quoting Momniscient: It depends in your needs. I find netflix to be short on anything I actually want to watch movie wise and not current on tv shows.

Gypsyd

I have it I actually loved it .. And it worked when I shut the direct tv for a while ....it will have newer stuff just not all the newer stuff its random there are tons of shows for the kids and you can make seperate profiles for everyone and the kids .where you can restrict what they watch ... ALOT OF THE series they have on them stuff that you miss documentarys a lot of b rated movies the ones that dont make it too theatre some of them or rediculous and hilarious >>> just depends on what you like >> iM ALWAys open too new movies..

1stpreggers
We cancelled direct tv and got Netflix I like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)