• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

because i wanted to......that ws the answer he gave...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
DS (almost 6) has been on quite a destructive path lately...idk why really...but we live in a rental...i cant afford to keep repainting walls, fixing holes, etc...i take toys, take tv, take outside playtime...make him go to bed early....etc...today...today he bit holes in the blinds in his room....totally destroyed them....when i asked him why did you do this (after he intially lied about even doing it) he looked at me very matter of fact and said plainly and calmly.....because i wanted to......wtf...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 AM
How old is he? Id be tearing up some ass! If hes old enough hed be working around the house earning money to pay and fix what he messes up.
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Good, he can do chores around the house to "earn" money to pay you back to replace the blinds he "wanted to destroy".

(By chores, I mean ones that he doesn't normally do, but is age appropriate.)

Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I wouldny take outside time away. Sounds like he needs to run off some energy.
RazzleMySpazz
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Maybe your going about his discipline wrong? And he needs to be worked a bit??? Chores?

My go to discipline is standards

"I will not break things" 20 times........

My dd is six and has been acting up a bit lately.... She drew on a door..... At a friends house!!!! She cleaned it off... apologized to her friend and friends mom, we left mid play date and she had to wash two doors at home, no tv for the rest of the day......

Boredom is not an excuse to be destructive! And I've found, at least with my dd..... Simply taking activities/toys/etc.... Just leads to more boredom and more bad behavior.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM
he will be 6 jan 19th. he knows better...sometimes its just petty stuff...like going into the bathroom and getting he bar of soap out the tub and "drawing" all over the bathroom wall with it....im not against spanking but try to only do so when i have exhausted all other options...my mom is of the opinion he i being a "typical boy" and i should leave him be...

Quoting Anonymous: How old is he? Id be tearing up some ass! If hes old enough hed be working around the house earning money to pay and fix what he messes up.
anoncalypse
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM

at least he was honest

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:32 AM
maybe he needs more chores...he doesnt have many...making his bed, picking up his room before bed, putting his clothes in the hamper, empty the bathroom trash. thats about it...

Quoting DanaG70:

Good, he can do chores around the house to "earn" money to pay you back to replace the blinds he "wanted to destroy".

(By chores, I mean ones that he doesn't normally do, but is age appropriate.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Things like the soap I would make him clean it up. Any damages that I had to fix and pay for id have him work it off with chores around the house.

Quoting Anonymous: he will be 6 jan 19th. he knows better...sometimes its just petty stuff...like going into the bathroom and getting he bar of soap out the tub and "drawing" all over the bathroom wall with it....im not against spanking but try to only do so when i have exhausted all other options...my mom is of the opinion he i being a "typical boy" and i should leave him be...

Quoting Anonymous: How old is he? Id be tearing up some ass! If hes old enough hed be working around the house earning money to pay and fix what he messes up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous: he will be 6 jan 19th. he knows better...sometimes its just petty stuff...like going into the bathroom and getting he bar of soap out the tub and "drawing" all over the bathroom wall with it....im not against spanking but try to only do so when i have exhausted all other options...my mom is of the opinion he i being a "typical boy" and i should leave him be...

Chewing holes in blinds is typical? I highly doubt it.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Exactly.POP HIS BOTTOM.

Other wise, you are going to have a REAL PROBLEM.

At a later age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)