Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ill be right back i have to sh** out a job..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Went down to welfare to get heath insurance for myself and cash asst for dd. I have some medical problems and the doctor just cleared me to work but only desk jobs. that was only 3 weeks ago and ive applied to at least 300. i just have my ged and ive never worked before making it even more limited. im only 20 as well. The lady at welfare judged me big time. I have medical problems that you dont see. She said im just some lazy shitty mom that doesnt want to work and wants to sit on my ass and mooch on the government. I feel like shit. No one in my family is willing to help and dd dad is in his nice cozy warm house living the great life not giving a shit.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saywatuwill
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Welfare lady said that?? Wow.
slb235
by Grammar Police on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this

What are you not telling us?

RaniNY
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:27 AM
you've got a tough road ahead of you and you can't care about what people say who don't even know you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Find a sugar daddy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM

i start college next month? 

Quoting slb235:

What are you not telling us?

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:30 AM
2 moms liked this

yes, im absolutely sure she said just that.

Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:30 AM
I highly doubt she said tthat.
TexTornado
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:31 AM

If you are applying online, that almost never works.  You have to go to a business & apply in person or get a referral from someone.  Talk to people, get to know people, they will refer you to someone who has a desk or receptionist job.  If you'd been doing that for the last 3 weeks, you'd probably have something by now.  Just keep getting "out there" and making yourself known, go walk up & down a strip center or go into an office building with 50 copies of your resume.  Yes it's old fashioned & it takes time but nothing beats the personal touch.  You won't find a job hiding behind a computer. 

Christenrenee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Do you have someone to watch your child if you do find a job?

My bf recently got 2 jobs his second day of job hunting.   He was going to about 4-6 places a day.  He has work history in his favor, but also has a criminal background.  It's not completely hopeless.  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:32 AM

If she said those things to you, you need to report her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)